Tisha Campbell-Martin Drops Restraining Order Against Duane Martin
A few weeks ago, Tisha Campbell-Martin filed a restraining order against her estranged husband Duane Martin. She claimed that there had been abuse throughout their more than 20-year-marriage and that she was scared of him. Weeks later, she filed additional paperwork claiming that she didn’t believe Martin deserved custody of the couple’s two sons.
Up until this week, Martin didn’t even address the claims of abuse. But on Wednesday, TMZ reported that Martin was vehemently denying allegations of abuse. He claimed that Campbell Martin’s claims were “fabricated” and “false.”
He also mentions that the timing of her complaint is convenient. He believes he’s only launching these claims to give her leverage in their pending custody case.
The two police reports she’s filed against Martin ultimately resulted in the police refusing to file charges because there was no evidence.
Martin asked that the restringing order be vacated. Martin’s attorney said, “Duane has attempted to remain silent on this issue out of respect for his family and, most importantly, his children’s well-being.”
Now, TMZ is reporting that Campbell-Martin has dropped the restraining order against Martin. The two appeared in court yesterday to discuss the restringing order. She told the judge she wanted to drop it to make co-parenting easier. Campbell-Martin said she still fears Duane but believes dropping the order will make it easier for the both of them to attend activities for and with their children.
The two have agreed to give each other advance notice if they’re both going to be at events with their sons.