MTA Chief: No More Service Cuts, but Fare Hikes…

October 14, 2010  |  

(Crain’s) — After a year of service cuts, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority says no more.  “I think we’ve heard the voice of the people,” said Jay Walder, the MTA chief executive, speaking Wednesday morning at a Crain’s breakfast forum. “Our intent is not to cut those services any further.”  Fare hikes are another matter. Last month, the MTA board approved a variety of Metrocard increases that will go into effect in December. Those include a 17% jump in monthly unlimited cards to $104. More are scheduled for 2013.

Read More…

Trending on MadameNoire

View Comments
Comment Disclaimer: Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN
blog comments powered by Disqus