Five Summer Hair Tips
Whether your hair is long and lovely or short and sassy, damaging rays of the sun, chlorine and humidity all conspire to mess up a Madame’s mane. But have no fear, Joi Ennis of The Anti Hair Slave has five tips to keep your crowning glory sparkling.
1. Always immediately rinse out any chlorine from your hair. Chlorine is very drying to any type of hair.
2. Have a ton of those deep conditioning ampules and don’t know what to do with them? Throw them into your suitcase and take them on vacation with you. Not only are they tiny and take up less room than your everyday conditioner, with all that fun and sun your hair sees it will be dying for a little something extra.
3. Color-Treated Honeys, don’t let the sun strip your color! Protect your dye job with a hair product with SPF, my favorite is Redken Color Extend because it has mango oil which keeps strands soft.
4. Don’t save detangling for the last step when you wash your hair. Before you even wet your hair, gently detangle and you’ll see less breakage.
5. Lay off the heat! Take advantage of the beautiful weather and consider air-drying your hair. Any reduction in heat styling will lead to heathier, shiner hair.