Last week, when I was thinking up a cute title for my skin care article, immediately Bebe’s Kids came to mind. “Here’s some lotion for your ashy ankles.” It was the line Jamika (Vanessa Bell Calloway) slung at Robin’s ex wife Dorothea (Myra J.) after the two finally confront Dorothea and her friend in the bathroom. Seeing how a couple readers responded to the title, I was reassured that Bebe’s Kids was not just my movie, it was the movie for black kids running around in the ’90’s. While it bordered on completely inappropriate for children, I know this is probably the only movie I can quote and sing…or rap, from beginning to end. But as much as love to love this movie, I did not know most of these behind the scenes secrets. So hopefully, you’ll learn something as well.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Follow MadameNoire on Google+
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Don't Shoot
- “All Cops Ain’t Bad”: The Problem With The Feel Good Cop Viral Videos…
- Samuel Jackson Calls Out Stars Who Did The ALS Ice Bucket Challenges But Won’t Speak Out About Police Brutality
- Family Of Akai Gurley, Killed By Rookie NYPD Officer, Tell Rev. Al Sharpton To Stay Away From Funeral: “Who Made You The Spokesperson Of Our Family?”
- Tamir Rice’s Family Files Lawsuit Against Cleveland Police Department
- #AliveWhileBlack Hashtag Spotlights Black People’s Very Sad And Scary Interactions With Police
Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube!
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2014 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural