Last week, when I was thinking up a cute title for my skin care article, immediately Bebe’s Kids came to mind. “Here’s some lotion for your ashy ankles.” It was the line Jamika (Vanessa Bell Calloway) slung at Robin’s ex wife Dorothea (Myra J.) after the two finally confront Dorothea and her friend in the bathroom. Seeing how a couple readers responded to the title, I was reassured that Bebe’s Kids was not just my movie, it was the movie for black kids running around in the ’90’s. While it bordered on completely inappropriate for children, I know this is probably the only movie I can quote and sing…or rap, from beginning to end. But as much as love to love this movie, I did not know most of these behind the scenes secrets. So hopefully, you’ll learn something as well.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Don't Shoot
- Black Fatigue Is Real: How Much More Can We Take?
- Iyanla Vanzant Is Going To Heal Baltimore, But What About Ohio?
- CNN Reporter Mistakes Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Members For The Crips
- How A Traffic Stop Ended In Tragedy: Dashboard Footage In Walter Scott Murder Released
- Why President Obama’s Selma Speech Was So Disappointing
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural