All Articles Tagged "Melanie and Derwin"
In case you thought Derwin Davis was killed off “The Game”, Pooch Hall has some news for you:
The star of the BET show took to his Twitter account to announce he is officially returning despite rumors that he was out.
Back in May, rumors began circulating that Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall were quitting the show because of contract disputes. Tia confirmed she was leaving (but didn’t say why) and Pooch asked his fans to keep the faith because BET was still working things out.
Well, it looks like things worked out!
Pooch already has a new role as a series regular on Showtime’s Ray Donovan. That show shoots in LA and The Game is shot in Atlanta. Apparently, distance is no obstacle though and the “2 show kid” will be working on both shows.
It’s not clear if Pooch will have the same prominent role on “The Game” that he had before. Melanie and Derwin were the crux of the show, but BET reportedly replaced Tia and Pooch with Lauren London and Jay Ellis. So, unless “Melanie L I V E S” too then what is Derwin going to do? Get back with Janay? Really, there’s no use speculating because it’s BET which means anything goes and whatever they do probably won’t make any sense.
For the many, many fans of the show, Pooch Hall’s return is great news. BET hasn’t released a premiere date yet for Season 6, but when the Game comes back, will you be watching?
Follow Alissa on Twitter @AlissaInPink
More on Madame Noire!
- Somebody Lied to You And Your Lacefront: 9 Celebs Who Need a Lacefront Wig Intervention
- An Open Letter To Boob Sweat
- Why Are There So Many Daycare Facilities in the ‘Hood?
- Keep It Movin’: Why You Need To Resist The Temptation of Relationship Relapse
- LOL! The Funniest “Love & Hip Hop Atlanta” Parody Ever In Life
- Rest In Peace…Or Not: 9 Posthumous Albums We Loved, And Some We Could Have Lived Without
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of Juice
When I saw Lauren London on “Single Ladies” Monday night I was thinking, I wonder why they didn’t have her replace Stacey Dash’s character since she’d already been on the show before, but maybe the reason is she already had a new gig in the works. According to TV Line, she will be joining the cast of “The Game” and taking the place of Tia Mowry, a.k.a. Melanie.
Lauren won’t take over Melanie’s part, she’ll be playing one half of the new couple we told you about that’s supposed to replace Melanie and Derwin as the center of the show. Her character Kiera is described as a 20-year-old former child star who has been in the spotlight since she was five years old and starred on a ‘Cosby’-like sitcom. The casting call listed her characteristics as bright and charming, but struggling to transition into a grown-up career and apparently Lauren fits the bill.
Her match, Bryce ‘The Blueprint’ Westbook, an Ivy League #1 draft pick who’s as good on the field as he is in the classroom, hasn’t been named yet, but I’m wondering how Pooch thinks he’ll handle becoming a secondary character if BET does actually allow him to come back like he wants to.
I guess it’s time to start thinking of actors who could play Lauren’s on-screen boo. Who comes to mind? Plus, what do you think about her joining the cast?
More on Madame Noire!
- Noire Naturals, Episode 1: The Natural Twist Out
- In Coolest Ish Ever News: Photographer Gives Black Barbie a Traditional Nigerian Wedding
- Snatch It Off! Celebrities Who Should Toss Their Wigs
- Controlling, Manipulative & A Crazy Beyotch: 7 Signs This Might Be You in Your Relationship…
- Are You Dealing With a Real Man Or A Little Boy? 7 Signs You’ve Got a Grown A** Man
- MN Exclusive: Teedra Moses Dishes on Her Faithful Following, Finding Love, and Rick Ross
- The Joys of Thrift Shopping: Why I Shop at Goodwill and NOT Forever 21
We patiently waited two years for “The Game” to be resurrected. After petitions and support of millions of fans, BET brought the show back with all its original characters. Fans were uber excited, only the show wasn’t the same. The once likable characters were now unlikable; and all of their lives were filled with drama. Last night’s season finale wasn’t any different. There was no resolve with any of the characters. And the ending was predictable for some while shocking for others. Read on for all the juicy details of the season finale.
Bad-Boy-Baller Malik Wright is well known for his reckless ways—but rehab—the most avid “The Game” fan’s jaw dropped when that news broke. However, if you were watching closely, you may have noticed that Malik has been clutching his bottle of prescription pills rather tightly since the season began and the bottle poppin’, groupies, and outbursts have reached a new high. Will Malik Wright continue on his downward spiral or could he be a ‘Derwin Davis’ in the making now that he is headed to rehab—only time will tell and I’ll be watching. Let’s recap Malik’s road to rock bottom in Episode 4: