All Articles Tagged "C-section"
Since the birth of her son Sebastian, the most we’ve heard about Amber Rose and Wiz Khalifa as parents is that they believe in dressing their little boy in weed booties. But what we didn’t know was that Amber Rose took the job of bringing her son into the world very seriously. She had done a lot research including watching the Ricki Lake produced documentary, The Business of Being Born. In the film Ricki takes the audience on a very real, very graphic look into the at home water-birth.
After watching the film, Rose decided that she too wanted to have a water birth. But as you may know when you make plans for your children, they rarely go down the way you envision. Very late in her pregnancy, like 37 weeks, she learned that little Sebastian was breech. Still she was adamant about wanting to have her baby at home. In an interview with Ricki Lake she explained that she tried acupuncture and inversion where doctors attempt to manually move the baby. None of that worked and she ultimately had to have a c-section.
“It literally took me the whole time to prepare myself for a water birth that in an instant I was gonna get my abdomen cut open and major surgery. I’ve never had surgery before so I was really, really scared.”
Check out Rose’s entire interview with Ricki Lake on the next page.
About This Episode
We bring Moms together for the ultimate delivery debate! Natural birth verses a cesarean section also known as a C-section. Some moms-to-be are able to choose their birthing method, some don’t have an option. To ensure a fair and balanced discussion we have Moms who have had vaginal births and moms who have had c-sections to share their birthing experiences with us!
Be sure to share your birthing experiences in our comments section below!
About Our Moms
Taiia Smart Young is the Executive Editor of Juicy magazine. If she isn’t interviewing celebs like Kelly Rowland, Jada Pinkett Smith, Melanie Fiona, The-Dream and Chris Rock, she’s busy being a Mom to her 12 year old son, Shateek. Taiia delivered her son naturally
Chrisandra Wells is a Mom of four. Her children’s ages range from an 11 year old, 8 year old and 4 year old twins. As a Mom Chrisandra is always busy but fully of energy. She is also a freelance plus size model, hair model and makeup artist and is currently pursuing her dreams in fashion.
Karen Sanchez is Mom to two girls, and wife for the past 15 years. She is currently a freelance talent manager in TV production and she also has her own blog.
About Karyn Parsons
Karyn Parsons is best known as the character “Hilary Banks” on the long-running television show, “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.” Today she is a wife and mother of two. Parsons is also the Founder and President of the Sweet Blackberry foundation after being inspired by the true tale of a determined slave and the remarkable lengths he travelled to find his freedom. While growing up, Parsons’ mother, a librarian in the Black Resource Center of a library in South Central Los Angeles, would share stories of African-American accomplishment with her daughter. A mother and activist, Karyn created Sweet Blackberry to use the power of stories to inspire youth. Follow her on Twitter @Karyn_Parsons.
Want More Mommy In Chief? Watch these episodes:
- Episode 1: Mommy-To-Be: Pregnancy In 3 Stages
- Episode 2: The Truth About Breastfeeding
- Episode 3: Delivery Debate: Natural Birth Vs. C-Section
- Episode 1: Are You A Good Enough Mother?
- Episode 2: New Motherhood and Balancing A Busy Work Life
- Episode 3: How to Decorate an Eco-Friendly Baby Nursery
- Episode 4: Foodie, Nicole Friday on Kids and Career
- Episode 5: Melissa Beck, From Hollywood to Stay At Home Mom
- Episode 6: Single Mom in The City
- Episode 7: Mommy Mogul and Marketing Wiz Monique Jackson at Home With Her Boys
- Episode 8: Beauty Maven Jodie Patterson Talks Four-Day Work Week for Moms
- Episode 9: Tonya Lewis Lee on Motherhood and the Importance of Women’s Health
- Episode 1: Back 2 School
- Episode 2: Happy Halloween
- Episode 3: Socially Responsible Kids
- Episode 4: Money Talks
- Episode 5: Keeping Families Healthy
- Episode 6: Thanksgiving Madness
- Episode 7: Highlights and Best Moments
- Episode 8: Stylish Moms
- Episode 9: Best Apps for Moms
- Episode 10: Socialite Kids
- Episode 11: Hair Talk with AfroBella
- Episode 12: Happy New Year!
Do you remember what you were doing at the age of 10? Hopefully you weren’t in the hospital getting ready to give birth, but in the case of a 10-year-old girl from Manaure in Colombia, that’s exactly what she did. The young girl, according to CBS News, is from an indigenous tribe called Wayuu, and she gave birth recently via cesarean section. She came into the hospital complaining of massive pains and bleeding a great deal. Allegedly, this child is not the first girl from the Wayuu tribe to wind up pregnant, but because the tribe is allowed to govern itself in Colombia, police don’t usually try to go after the fathers. This is what the director of the hospital in which the girl gave birth told a local Colombian radio station: “We’ve already seen similar cases of Wayuu girls. At a time when (the girls) should be playing with dolls, they go to having to take care of a baby. It’s shocking.”
According to reports, she gave birth to a healthy 5-pound, 5-ounce baby girl, but that the delivery was the first time the girl had been to the doctor at all since becoming pregnant. Since giving birth, the 10-year-old new mother allegedly doesn’t seem interested in trying to breastfeed, nor does she understand or know a thing about motherhood. But I mean, at the age of 10, the closest thing you would know about “motherhood” is from what you see your own mother doing, or better yet, from lugging around a doll.
While we’re glad that she came out of the delivery alright, according to CBS News, she could face some serious health risks and major obstacles down the road:
“Pregnant mothers this young could face major risks, according to doctors. They face a higher risk for pregnancy-induced hypertension (high blood pressure) or a dangerous condition called preeclampsia, in which a mom-to-be with high blood pressure also has protein in their urine, which causes sudden weight gain and swelling of the hands and face…According to the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, they could also face long-term risk for problems with school failure, poverty, and mental illness such as depression.”
It’s terrible to think that this young girl won’t be able to actually be a child anymore, and it’s probably worse to know that this “trend” of VERY young mothers (both a 10 and 11-year-old girl gave birth in Mexico last year) is becoming somewhat common. The fact that she and her baby are healthy is an absolute blessing, but her pregnancy in general (and the fact that she only saw a doctor about it once)? Now that’s just a horrifying mess…
More on Madame Noire!
- Nip & Tuck: Women Who Slipped Their Plastic Surgery By Us
- There Goes the Neighborhood: 8 Ratchet Things You See When The Temperature Rises
- Convenience or True Love: Which Is Your Relationship Made Of?
- MAD MEN: Male Celebrities Who Always Look So Mean!
- Real Love: Weird Signs Of A Good Relationship
- You Can’t Handle The Truth! Things Men Lie About To Spare Our Feelings
- 7 Ways to Encourage Yourself
- Watch Your Mouth! Things You Should Never Say To Your Man
Now that’s a big ‘ol baby.
A new mother from Southern California was surprised to find out that her newborn, who was initially slated to weigh about nine pounds (still a pretty big size), was born last Thursday at 13 pounds and 14 ounces. Jayden Sigler had to be delivered via Cesarean section, and when he was finally up and out, according to the Associated Press, his mother Cynthia asked, “How’d he fit?” The doctor who delivered “little” Jayden, Dr. Jerald White, said that the boy was among the biggest he helped bring into the world since starting at the hospital, Tri-City Medical Center, in ’61. Though he was a big guy to deliver, Dr. White said his weight didn’t make his entrance into the world too hard on the doctors. For Cynthia, I’m sure she would say he made things a bit complicated for her though. Per the usual, the new mom says all the clothes she bought for her new son will have to be returned for some pieces with a little bit more room. She’s got that right.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where’s My Belt!? Children of Celebrities Who Have Acted a Fool
- Switch Up the Style for the Season: Hair Suggestions for the Spring
- Double Take! Celebs’ Who Look Just Like Their Parents
- Golden Girls! Gorgeous Gold Accessories – EDITOR PICKS
- 7 Things Most Men Learn About Women Eventually
- Black Celebrity Twins Besides Tia & Tamera
- First Look: Fantasia’s Baby Boy Dallas Xavier
- Nothing But Natural! Great Hair Blogs For Natural Sistahs