Expert Shela Dean
If you’ve been through a custody battle, you know how hard it can be on the kids … and it isn’t easy on the grown-ups either. But what do you do when you know that your ex doesn’t really want custody, he’s only fighting for it to spite you? Fortunately. Shela Dean is here to help.
In this video, author, relationship coach and YourTango Expert Shela Dean explains how to handle an ex-husband who’s taking his aggression out on you in the courtroom.
“It’s possible that the custody challenge is about money,” says Shela, “but it’s more likely that your husband hasn’t accepted the inevitability of your divorce.” So, when will he stop putting his own pettiness ahead of the best interest of the kids? Shela says, “Your husband is more likely to come to his senses, be reasonable about the kids, and put their welfare first — as he should — once he’s resolved his feelings about you and the divorce.”
Want to learn more? Check out the video at YourTango.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Final Cut! Celebs We Haven’t Seen Since The Ax Came Down!
- Decoding Your Downstairs: 8 Things Women Need To Know About Their Va Jay Jay
- Got A What?! Yo, Gotta Get A Ruffneck! Cutie Pie Celebs Who’ve Been Around The Block
- How I Learned To Stop Giving Boyfriends Husband Privileges
- Who’s Going To Be The One To Tell Chelsea Her Jokes On Black Women Just Aren’t Funny?
- WOMAN to WOMAN: The Good in Goodbye
- LIP SERVICE: Lipsticks That Will Light Up Your Lips! – EDITOR PICKS