This week we mourned the loss of television icon, Sherman Hemsley, who died at the age of 74. Whether you remember him from the ’70s sitcom The Jeffersons or have fond memories of him as Deacon Frye on Amen, we all remember that the 74 year old star’s career spanned decades. In addition to being a TV icon, his threads weren’t too shabby either. Remember those fly suits he wore? Like Hemsley, some of our favorite sitcom stars of the ’70s and ’80s influenced the way we dressed back then and still inspire us today. Maybe you were a fan of the glamorous Diahann Carroll, the playful Tootie on The Facts of Life, or Lisa Bonet’s boho style on The Cosby Show. These stars came into our living rooms every week and imparted serious style lessons.
Take a look at eight of our fave tv style stars of the ’70s and ’80s.
Sherman Hemsley, The Jeffersons
Check out the other seven style stars on StyleBlazer.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? 9 Blue-Eyed Soul Singers We Used To Jam To
- He Might Be a Creepin’ Fool, But He’s a Talented One: 5 Classic Songs Stevie J Is Behind…
- The Devil Is a Lie: 7 Types of Hypocritical “Church Folk” Who Know They Need to Quit
- How Ya Going? 9 of Our Favorite Celebs Of Trinidadian Descent (There’s Some Surprises!)
- An Open Letter to My Single Sistas: Being Single is Not a Curse, It’s A Gift
- UGH! 10 Things Men Do That Drive Women Nuts