The Neelys “Get Yo’ Man” Chicken
Although their show, Down Home With The Neelys, is no longer airing as regularly on the Food Network, you can still catch the couple once a week on the channel. We love Gina and Pat Neely, and it’s not just for their delicious recipes but for their hilarious, sweet onscreen chemistry. The couple brings plenty of flavor in this chicken recipe that Mrs. Neely swears helped her get her man, courtesy of the Food Network. Craving the Neely’s and a night on the town? If you’re in New York City, visit Neely’s BBQ Parlor featuring authentic barbecue, as well as their highly regarded Southern Style comfort food. If you’re in Nashville, try their delicious meals at Neely’s BBQ of Nashville.
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 chicken thighs, skinless
1 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoons pepper
1 medium onion, sliced
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup white wine
1 (14.5-ounce) can crushed tomatoes in thick puree
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon lemon-pepper
Hot buttered rice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Brown the chicken, meat-side down first, and turning once, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate to reserve.
3. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of oil from the pan.
4. Add onion to the pan and saute until tender, roughly 3 minutes. Add the stock and wine and stir, scrapping any brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Turn heat to high and reduce by half, about 3 minutes. Pour in the crushed tomatoes and add the dried herbs and lemon pepper. Add the chicken thighs back into the pan.Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 40 minutes.
5. Remove chicken from liquid and serve on hot buttered rice. Ladle the sauce on top and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.