All Articles Tagged "Q Parker"
If TGT doesn’t get their act together they might be in some real trouble with the emergence of what could be R&B’s next supter trio. RL of Next, Q of 112 and Wingo of Jagged Edge have teamed up to release a new song together called “All I Want Is You.”
The track samples Luther Vandross’ song “Better Love” and the runs at the very beginning are certainly a nod to the late R&B crooner with perhaps a meshing of Luther’s vocals with maybe RL’s- I’m guessing here.
You can’t sample a Luther song without staying true to the classic R&B sound we’ve all been yearning for lately.
And though sources close to the group claim the track was just a result of Q, RL and Wingo messing around in the studio, and is not finished yet, you’ll probably enjoy it. The song is basically about a man reassuring his woman that while she might not be feeling appreciated right now, all he wants is her.
Check out some of the lyrics:
Say you don’t feel like I really love ya
The way that I used to
But baby that’s the furthest thing from the truth
How can I let you know
How much you mean to me?
Everything to me.
Me without you is obscene to me.
Jagged Edge is currently in the process of releasing a comeback album and touring but after hearing this song, we’re hoping this is not the last time we hear from these three.
Take a listen to the song and let us know what you think.
“Real Housewives of Atlanta” fans who don’t live in the Georgia area or were unable to attend Kandi Burruss’ November “A Mother’s Love” production will be happy to know that the former Xscape singer is preparing to release the DVD version of the popular stage play.
As she previously stated while doing press to promote the play, the storyline closely mirrors the emotional tug-of-war that she has been experiencing in her personal life due to her mother’s disapproval of her relationship with fiancé, Todd Tucker. The production features an array of familiar faces including Kandi’s “Real Housewives of Atlanta co-star Porsha Williams, Danity Kane’s D. Woods, 112’s Q Parker, Shirley Murdock and Internet personality Funky Dineva.
The DVD is scheduled to be released on Apr. 8, but is already available for pre-order, along with official t-shirts and a soundtrack. The busy bride-to-be announced the upcoming release via Instagram yesterday.
“Hey everyone! Go to KandiOnline.com & see the trailer for my musical! Preorder by the 8th & get free shipping! Repost! @weheartkandi “Preorder by 4/8/14 & get FREE Shipping! http://kandionline.com/pre-order/ #AMothersLove #AMothersLoveDVD #AMothersLoveSoundtrack”
Judging by the preview, “A Mother’s Love” is definitely worth checking out.
Watch the trailer on the next page and let us know what you think.
We’re already pretty sure that Kenya Moore is the newest member of #TeamTalls on the “Real Housewives of Atlanta.” The former Miss USA has dropped a few hints here and there and she was already seen at the JET Beauty of the Week competition at the Bailey Agency with Cynthia so she’s pretty much a shoe-in. Kenya may not be the only new addition to the cast though. Straight from the A is reporting #TeamSmalls is also getting a new member in the form of Nicole Porche.
Nicole is a 40-something, low-profile actress originally from New Orleans, and a graduate of Southern University—there’s one plus. She’s reportedly appeared in commercials and several low budget independent films around Atlanta and doesn’t have any previous affiliations with any of the current cast members, which could be a good and a bad thing.
Nicole was said to have been introducing herself as “the new housewife” at a recent taping in the city, but with cast bios and photos for season 5 still a few weeks out, it doesn’t look like anyone will know for sure until then. Sheree is the only former cast member we know is leaving the show, but Nicole may be added to the cast since Kim is pregnant again and won’t be taping as much this season—plus she’s got her own show now.
Other sites have also said 112 Member Q Parker’s wife, Sherlinda, could potentially be the newest member of the cast. That’s probably based on the fact that Q was a part of the Bailey/Jet magazine model search too, but his wife didn’t appear to be a part of the action. Since she’s the owner of her own nail salon with her sister, it would be nice to see either one of these women who’ve got their own things going for themselves added.
What do you think about either one of these ladies joining the show?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Don’t Lie, You Were Jamming Too: 7 Singers & Groups We Used to Get Made Fun Of For Listening To
- Bump a Book of Rules: Love Is Not That Complicated
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Lying on the Equipment & Being Friend Zoned
- Same Ish, Different Year: Do We Still Need the BET Awards?
- No Need To Call Tyrone: 7 Ways To Bow Out Of A Relationship Gracefully
- Madame On the Street: How Long Should You Wait to Have Sex?
- Dayummm…They Look Good For Their Age: Celebs Who Prove That Black Don’t Crack
Check out one of our favorite members of 112, Mr. Q Parker himself, engage in a little bit of R&B trivia. Does he or doesn’t he know his stuff?
More on Madame Noire!
- Dating Before Divorced! These Folks Just Couln’t Wait…
- Not So Famous Sisters of Famous Black Celebrities Part III
- LASH OUT! The 7 Best Mascaras For Lash Length – EDITOR PICKS
- Relationship Reflections: Things To Think About After The Breakup
- Oh No She Didn’t: Tyra Banks Fires Jay Manuel, Nigel Barker, and J.Alexander from ANTM
- Brooklyn Man Locked Up Nearly a Year for Rape Even Though Victim Recanted Story
- ‘Broke': New Documentary Looks at How Pro Athletes (Foolishly) Lose All Their Money
- Is Church A Waste of Time?
Aren’t you all wishing for a 112 reunion?? We know we are! That’ s why we were excited to have 112’s Q Parker, who is now a married man and father of one, stop by Madame Noire offices to give us the 411 on his group and give our female readers love advice. Check out what he had to say here about why you should always make a man feel like a man. Hmmm….
More on Madame Noire!
- Shequoiya, Cordozar And Other Amusing Middle Names Of Black Celebs
- The Fashion Police’s Most Wanted: 6 Celebrities Whose Style Should Be A Crime
- Chaka Khan, Angela Bassett And Other Celebs Create ‘Super Life’ Video In Trayvon Martin’s Memory
- Tami Roman Suffers Mild Heart Attack
- Would You Let A Man Upgrade You?
- Allen Iverson Says No To Divorce Because He’s Still Getting It On With His Wife
- Introducing Caviar Nails-The Next Nail Trent You’ll Be Beading + How-To Video
- Style To Steal or Girl, Stop: June Ambrose, La La Anthony & Adrienne Bailon”