All Articles Tagged "making the first move"
With Valentine’s Day love still lingering in the air, you may be getting a little antsy if you don’t have a boyfriend, or at least somebody to go out with from time to time. For some reason, V-Day fuels the pressure some people feel to be coupled up, and they’ll go to extreme measures not to spend that day, let alone the entire weekend, solo. So, if you’re one of those women who absolutely MUST find a date, consider the possibility that you may have to take matters into your own hands and approach that guy you’ve had your eye on for some time now. After all, what do you have to lose? Just point him out to Cupid so he can bust an arrow in his behind and it’s all good right? If only it were that easy. Approaching a guy doesn’t have to be daunting, and if you’re a confident, hot woman it’s no sweat off your back. But, if you’ve never approached a guy before and want to give it a try, make sure you don’t make these mistakes when you want to make your intentions known.
Recently, I joined a group of matchmakers and dating coaches for happy hour. We all introduced ourselves and talked about our specialty areas. I told them about my books, including my latest one, How To Find Mr. Right Online. Eventually, one of the women approached me and asked me a question I’ve been asked many times before by singles and experts:
“Do you think women should email men when online dating?” Without hesitation, I told her “Yes!” Not only is it okay to email men when dating online, it’s a useful tactic. Here’s why:
1. Women are often the initiators. I know — you’ve heard a hundred times that men should make the first move. But research has shown that in social and courtship interactions, women — not men — are often the initiators. Women do this subtly by making eye contact or smiling at men or they do it more boldly by starting a conversation. In other words, if you want a man to make his move, you must give him the green light to do so. Emailing a man gives him the green light.
Read more at YourTango
More on Madame Noire!
- Make It Last Forever…Not! Why Couldn’t These Couples Make It Work?
- No He Didn’t! That Time My Friend Got Dumped Over Something Extra Stupid
- WANTED! Stars We Haven’t Seen In A Minute!
- Do You Have Bad Relationship Karma? Here’s How to Shake it…
- Predicting The Future: How To Tell What Your Man Will Be Like in 10 Years
- Where Are They Now? 8 Sassy And Silly Sidekicks From Some Of Our Favorite Black Sitcoms
- Did You Know They Dated (Part IV)? 14 Celeb Couples We Were VERY Surprised By
“He never calls!” Jeanette mournfully tells her friends. She and Rick have been dating for over month now. They have a great time when they’re out together, and he recently spent the weekend at her apartment.The trouble with Rick is that he is hard to read. He tells Jeanette how gorgeous she is and how much fun she is to be around, especially in bed, but then he rarely calls or texts her. She knows how busy Rick is with work and doesn’t want to seem needy, but she’s confused about where this is going … or if it’s going anywhere.Jeanette’s friends understand exactly where she’s coming from because they’ve been there too. They advise her to just be patient and see what Rick does next.
Read more at YourTango
More on Madame Noire!
- Bison Brothers: 10 Notable Men Who Attended Howard University
- When Cutting The “No Good” Men Out Of Your Life Includes Your Own Father
- Down With The Brown? Celebrities Who Look Black…But Aren’t
- Is That Just The Way She Is? Keeping Standards High and Expectations Real With Your Friendships
- The Thirst Files: How He Dickmatized Her
- Ratch On Ratch On Ratch: 7 Moments You Had To See From Part 1 Of The Love & Hip-Hop Reunion
- Heyello! 11 Bahamian Celebrities We Love And Per The Usual, A Few Surprises…
I’ve heard that if you want to get misguided information about men, take all of your advice from other women. We’ve all heard women, young and old, offer their interpretations of male behavior. Many of us have even conjured up our own hypotheses as to why they cheat, how much they don’t listen, and why they lack emotions. Although some of our information has come from our observations or witnessing shady men at inappropriate times, most of our advice about men comes from the rantings of other women.
Through experience with a variety of men, other women can definitely offer advice and do’s and don’ts when it comes to men; but, what better way to gain insight on men than by asking other men? Some of our interpretations are just as accurate as we assumed them to be; but others, not so much.
Here are 8 myths that most women either believe or have heard about men. Consider these eight men myths debunked by the men themselves.