All Articles Tagged "112"
When I first started watching “Love and Hip-Hop,” (yes, I admit that I take in the foolishness from time to time) I was always wondering why the female musicians on the show were so thirsty to work with producer Stevie J. Clearly, Joseline wanted to be down with “Steebie” because he saved her from the strip clubs and made her his go-to sidechick, but even Karlie Redd, with her big mouth, was thirsty to get in the studio with him. After looking into all the hype of the guy, I found that aside from being a cheating dog and Eve’s ex-boo, he’s behind a slew of classic jams, as he was one of the key in-house producers for Bad Boy Entertainment in the ’90s. What jams you say? Why, take a look…
“Honey” by Mariah Carey
Stevie received a Grammy for his contributions to Mariah’s epic Butterfly album, a piece of work that would help make her more noticeable to the hip-hop set thanks to tracks like “Breakdown,” (with Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony) and “Honey.” Coincidentally, Stevie J helped produce both of those songs, and got a songwriter credit on “Honey” alongside Q-Tip and Diddy on the track. Mariah and Stevie J would continue working together after the fact, and this is definitely one of their biggest hits.
“Mo’ Money Mo’ Problems” by Notorious B.I.G.
One of BIG’s most popular posthumous singles, Stevie J was a co-writer for the track as well as the producer of it. It is not only just a banging track, but it’s definitely one of the most popular songs in hip-hop, and definitely makes folks want to do the diddy bop whenever it’s played.
Check out one of our favorite members of 112, Mr. Q Parker himself, engage in a little bit of R&B trivia. Does he or doesn’t he know his stuff?
More on Madame Noire!
- Dating Before Divorced! These Folks Just Couln’t Wait…
- Not So Famous Sisters of Famous Black Celebrities Part III
- LASH OUT! The 7 Best Mascaras For Lash Length – EDITOR PICKS
- Relationship Reflections: Things To Think About After The Breakup
- Oh No She Didn’t: Tyra Banks Fires Jay Manuel, Nigel Barker, and J.Alexander from ANTM
- Brooklyn Man Locked Up Nearly a Year for Rape Even Though Victim Recanted Story
- ‘Broke’: New Documentary Looks at How Pro Athletes (Foolishly) Lose All Their Money
- Is Church A Waste of Time?
Aren’t you all wishing for a 112 reunion?? We know we are! That’ s why we were excited to have 112′s Q Parker, who is now a married man and father of one, stop by Madame Noire offices to give us the 411 on his group and give our female readers love advice. Check out what he had to say here about why you should always make a man feel like a man. Hmmm….
More on Madame Noire!
- Shequoiya, Cordozar And Other Amusing Middle Names Of Black Celebs
- The Fashion Police’s Most Wanted: 6 Celebrities Whose Style Should Be A Crime
- Chaka Khan, Angela Bassett And Other Celebs Create ‘Super Life’ Video In Trayvon Martin’s Memory
- Tami Roman Suffers Mild Heart Attack
- Would You Let A Man Upgrade You?
- Allen Iverson Says No To Divorce Because He’s Still Getting It On With His Wife
- Introducing Caviar Nails-The Next Nail Trent You’ll Be Beading + How-To Video
- Style To Steal or Girl, Stop: June Ambrose, La La Anthony & Adrienne Bailon”
Hey loves! Time for the weekend wrap-up…just a few things we didn’t get to tell you about during the week that you might find entertaining. I’m always chitchatting away on Twitter (@DrennaB) so…enjoy!
Before you get your panties all twisted, this post is not about throwing shade. All of the following artists have held the honor of holding a slot or three in the sacred space that is my iTunes collection. But while I can appreciate their talent I am able to simultaneously recognize the fact that these people are some whiners. It’s not a bad thing. Obviously they’ve sold a couple of records or we wouldn’t be talking about them. Check the list.