Do The Right Thing changed the game. Before this movie, there were no filmmakers who were speaking about the racial dynamics in New York neighborhoods the way Spike Lee was. The movie took movie goers by storm, educating a lot of people along the way. Though Do The Right Thing cost $6.5 million dollars to make, it eventually grossed $27.5 million at the box office and the American Film Institute eventually dubbed it one of the greatest movies of all time. You’ve memorized the plot. You remember how you mourned for Radio Raheem. And you know how the movie touched you. But, we bet you don’t know these behind the scenes secrets.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Don't Shoot
- Black Fatigue Is Real: How Much More Can We Take?
- Iyanla Vanzant Is Going To Heal Baltimore, But What About Ohio?
- CNN Reporter Mistakes Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Members For The Crips
- How A Traffic Stop Ended In Tragedy: Dashboard Footage In Walter Scott Murder Released
- Why President Obama’s Selma Speech Was So Disappointing
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural