Do The Right Thing changed the game. Before this movie, there were no filmmakers who were speaking about the racial dynamics in New York neighborhoods the way Spike Lee was. The movie took movie goers by storm, educating a lot of people along the way. Though Do The Right Thing cost $6.5 million dollars to make, it eventually grossed $27.5 million at the box office and the American Film Institute eventually dubbed it one of the greatest movies of all time. You’ve memorized the plot. You remember how you mourned for Radio Raheem. And you know how the movie touched you. But, we bet you don’t know these behind the scenes secrets.
- MN Business
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Don't Shoot
- Disturbing Video Of Laquan McDonald’s Fatal Shooting Leads To Protest In Chicago
- 5 Black Lives Matter Protesters Shot In Minneapolis
- Black Lives Matter: Brazilian Police Kill Citizens 6 Times More Than U.S.
- On A Corridor Of Chaos, Natalie’s Cakes Thrives One Year After Mike Brown’s Death
- Live From Ferguson: Canfield Drive One Year Later
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural