We finally got our very own black princess when Disney released “The Princess and the Frog” in 2009, but wouldn’t it be cool to see all of Walt Disney’s leading ladies with a little more color? A 22-year-old college student named Lauren thought so, and so on her blog she “made a bunch of white Disney characters into WOC. Just for funzies ”
The Huffington Post caught on to her brilliant idea and we thought it was too cute not to share her reimaged pics of Ariel, Rapunzel, Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, and even Jessica Rabbit flaunting darker skin hues. Lauren didn’t touch Pocahontas, Jazmine, or Mulan since they are already women of color, but it’s pretty neat to see the typical red- and blonde-haired characters remixed just a tad to reflect our growing multi-racial society.
Here are a few of our favs, check out more on Lauren’s Tumblr page. What do you think?
More on Madame Noire!
- Komon Ou Ye? 9 Of Our Favorite Celebs of Haitian Descent (And A Few Surprises Of Course!)
- Breaking Down the Point of a Protective Hairstyle: What Exactly Should You Be Protecting?
- When Famous Stars Play Famous People: Who Killed It On-Screen And Who Was A Mess?
- If It’s Broke, Fix It: Why Some Friendships Are Worth Sticking Out
- Consider This: Put The Odds In Your Favor And Date The Next Guy You Meet
- Shoe Shine: Must-Have Metallic Sandals and Pumps