All Articles Tagged "Surata Zuri McCants"
Ruben Studdard is officially single after filing for divorce in November 2011.
Yes, Studdard’s a single man and he gets to take all his royalties with him, thanks to a prenuptial agreement.
He and his now former wife, Surata Zuri McCants, separated due to irreconcilable differences. During the dirty divorce, reports TMZ, McCants tried to convince the judge to nullify the prenup, claiming the singer forced her to sign the documents days before the wedding.
For the complete story, visit EurWeb.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Hair Do’s and Don’ts According to the Fellas
- Intuition or Evidence: 6 Signs He Has A Chick On The Side
- Better Off Unwed: Couples Who Have Happily Kept A Ring Off Of It
- On To The Next! Women Who Found New Love In The Nick of Time…
- In Between The Sheets: Things All Women Are Insecure About In Bed
- WEEKEND WRAP-UP: Kevin Hart’s (Ex) Wife Not Acting Like A Lady + MORE!
- 6 Things You Can Stop Worrying About Doing For Your Man
- FLASHING LIGHTS! Couples Who Love To Flaunt Their Love
Sad news. American Idol winner Ruben Studdard has filed for divorce from his wife of three years, Surata Zuri McCants. The pair married in 2008 after dating for two years in Alabama. It’s a shame their union didn’t last — Ruben seems like such a nice guy! According to HuffPost Black Voices:
According to the Daily Mail, Studdard has filed divorce papers in Alabama citing “irreconcilable differences.” Studdard’s attorney, Byron Perkins stated to the site: “Ruben Studdard and Zuri McCants Studdard have separated, and they are in the process of seeking a dissolution of their marriage. They each request the public respects their privacy during this trying time in their lives.”
In keeping with his sweet and lovable image, Studdard will be soldiering on despite these setbacks in his personal life to attend a series of charity events in the coming days that bear his name.
“A weekend of events in his hometown which bear his name, which includes a fundraiser on Friday and a Sunday marathon, will go on for the sake of his charitable foundation,” the Daily Mail also reports. That is really wonderful that Ruben Studdard will be thinking of others at a time of deep personal need. His reaction to his divorce is a far cry from the behavior of Kim Kardashian, who went on a business trip to promote her handbag line a mere hours after dumping her husband.
We commend Ruben Studdard, and wish both parties the best as they move on and heal.
Alexis Garrett Stodghill is the senior editor of MadameNoire.com. Follow her on Twitter: @lexisb
More on Madame Noire!
- Sit Down Boo Boo: 7 Types of Arrogant Men
- Get the Hair Look: Keke Palmer’s Beach Waves
- StyleBlazer Video: “How I Made It” Episode 1 – Essence Editor Mikki Taylor
- 7 Reasons Nice Guys Finish First
- 8 Reasons Your First Date — Might Be Your Last
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Nervous Virgin & an Eager Wifeseeker
- 20 Ways to Relate, Release & Refresh on a Budget