All Articles Tagged "soul man"
Spinoffs are greatly appreciated for a few reasons: they allow viewers to see lesser characters develop independently; they give viewers a different take of the characters from the previous sitcom; and, finally, spinoffs are uniquely responsible for creating that ‘neighboring effect’ on television, allowing audiences and characters, alike, feel as if they are stepping from one living room into another. This has been seen time and time again in television. Cheers begot Fraiser, Grey’s Anatomy begot Private Practice, Buffy begot Angel, and Dr. Who begot Torchwood. Check out some our favorites over the years.
Tags:A Different World, all in the family, all that, Bill Cosby, cederick the entertainer, charm school, cory in the house, different strokes, family guy, Flavor of Love, Girlfriends, Hot in Cleveland, i love money, i love new york, Kel Mitchell, Kenan & Kel, kenan thompson, lisa bonet, moesha, perfect strangers, raven-symone, soul man, spinoff, that's so raven, The Cleveland Show, The Cosby Show, The Facts of Life, the game, the jeffersons, The Parkers
TV Land’s latest comedy “The Sou Man” starring Cedric The Entertainer and Niecey Nash is getting a lot of great buzz leading up to tonight’s premiere. Cedric plays a soul singer who decided to follow his heart and pursue a new life as a preacher. Problem is that his wife and daughter are not neccessarily feeling the change in direction.
Madame Noire got to visit the set of the new sitcom and talk to Cee Lo Green, who was filming a guest spot on the show, and actor Wesley Jonathan (“Roll Bounce”) who plays the Soul Man’s younger brother. Check it out.
More on Madame Noire!
- It Must Be the Money: 7 Swag-Based Celeb Crushes That We Don’t Understand
- Love Is To ‘Love & Hip-Hop’ What Real Wives Are To ‘Basketball Wives’: Ain’t None
- Single Black Male: Stop Giving Up the Cookies Ladies, Men WILL Wait for Sex
- Where Are They Now? Now Defunct “Making The Band” Groups: Da Band and Danity Kane
- Are You Dealing With a Real Man Or A Little Boy? 7 Signs You’ve Got a Grown A** Man
- Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow: Will I Lose My Femininity With My Hair Length?
- Is There Such A Thing As Natural Beauty? My Journey Away From Make-Up