All Articles Tagged "online profile"
Well, we don’t know much about Nas’ personal life beyond what we saw when he was with Kelis, but don’t fret because Nas says he’s a great person to date.
This interview was actually done a couple of months ago, around Nas’ 40th birthday but only recently hit the internet. In it, Nas is chatting with a woman named Cat Greenleaf on the show Talk Stoop about music, life, and love. At one point, Greenleaf, mentioned to Nas that she’s rarely seen a photograph of him smiling. When he told her that his “smiling” face was the same as his “angry” face, Greenleaf told him that he must be the hardest person in the world to date.
Nas responded by laughing (and finally getting out a smile) saying, “No no, I’m the best person to date!” Greenleaf asked what his online dating profile would say if he were on one of the dating sites. Here’s how Nas responded and ladies, these are the things some of us would be looking for in a potential suitor:
“Charismatic. I’m calm, poised…insightful.”
We can believe that about him. Now, with the drama that he and Kelis have publicly gone through (including her saying he cheated on her), I don’t know if she’d disagree with those things he mentioned, but she’d probably have a few more to add to that profile.
Anyway, check out this pretty cool interview. If you’ll notice, Nas is 40 and looks like he’s found that fountain of youth and isn’t sharing the location. He is truly like a fine win, getting better with time.
When you enroll in an online dating site and fill out your profile, you have two main objectives: (1) tell people about yourself, and (2) tell people what you’re looking for. And although there are exceptions, most people are general when describing who they are and what they want, but very specific when it comes to making choices from all those drop-down menus.
People advertise broadly (e.g. “I’m looking for a nice guy.”) and search narrowly (e.g. straight,single men only, 5’10 or taller, college educated, with no kids, earning a minimum of $120K annually). And while this isn’t the best strategy for your online dating profile, it makes sense, right? It’s much easier to choose from a menu than to craft an essay that succinctly sums up the unique person you are and the unique person you want.
Of all the criteria on any online dating site, some are helpful, while others are less so. However, when it comes to filling out your own preferences, there are three criteria that are utterly useless
Read the rest at YourTango
Hi ladies! If you’ve been on an online dating site for a while and have yet to find that special someone or you’ve just joined then this is for you. We’re going to give you the scoop on what works and what doesn’t. We want to show you how to make your profile as attractive as you can to the widest selection of men possible. That way it’s within your power to choose who you want to date.
Let’s start with your images. Think of your photos as the cover of your autobiography. If a picture is worth a 1000 words then a well-chosen image can open an abundance of conversation with that special someone. We recommend taking your images outdoors. Morning or evening light makes for some great shots. Regardless of where you take your images make sure you have a friend take them for you.
Read more at YourTango.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- From Dropping It Like It’s Hot To Oscars: 10 Celebrities Who Got Their Video Vixen On Before Making It Big (Fellas Too!)
- Name It & Claim It: The Importance of Speaking Your Dreams and Desires Into Existence
- It’s Women Like Kiana Howell And Makeeba Graham Who Make It Hard For All Of Us To Get Through Security At The Airport
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha: Does Makeup Really Matter To Men?
- When It Comes To The Magic Stick, Does Size Really Matter?
- Magazine Cover Curse: 9 Couples Who Shared Their Love With Us And Ended Up Yesterday’s News
- Wait, How Did You Get That Role? 14 Of The Crappiest Casting Calls in Black Films and TV
Recently I was coaching a woman on how to write her online profile. Before we wrote the profile, I asked her to send me her four best pictures. I asked her to do this because men are as visual as Scooby Doo on steroids.
The first thing they do when they see your profile online is NOT read about your trip to Italy last summer . . . they want to see how hot you are. Keep in mind that every man has different taste in women, so what is “hot” to one man will be totally different than what is “hot” to another.
So I explained this to my client, and I asked her to send me her four best photos — pictures that represent who she is in her life. What she sent me is mistake #1 of the biggest mistakes women (including you nurses!) make online.
Read more at YourTango
More on Madame Noire!
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha: Why Kim K. Pulls High Profile Men Despite Her Sexual Past
- Dangling Legs & 6 Other Short Girl Problems
- Age Ain’t Nothin’ But A Number: How I Learned That Finding Love Has No Expiration Date
- Knowing The Difference Between What A Man Puts You Through And What You Allow Him To Put You Through
- #RealTalk: The Reasons Why You Attract Douchebags
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Do The Right Thing”
- Life Is Not Good: Why Nas And Kelis Need To Get Back Together