All Articles Tagged "Made in America Festival"
Wasn’t he just walking around Cuba celebrating his fifth wedding anniversary? Oh well. Business is business.
Jay Z’s Roc Nation has announced a multi-year global deal with Universal Music Group (UMG) such that Roc Nation will run as its own, standalone label. That means albums from Jay Z, Rihanna, and other artists will be released under the UMG umbrella.
“Not only does this agreement provide a dynamic platform for Roc Nation’s exciting emerging artists, it extends our relationship with the extraordinary Rihanna and represents a homecoming for JAY Z-a brilliant artist and entrepreneur, who has been a creative cornerstone of our company,” said Lucian Grainge, Chairman and CEO of UMG in a press release statement. We might not notice too much difference, but on the back end, it means backing from a huge company.
Meanwhile, we’re also hearing that the Made In America Festival will be returning to Philadelphia August 31 to September 1. We see a trip to Philly in our future! Last year, acts included Kanye West, Pearl Jam, and Drake.
At this point, we’re getting mighty jealous of Blue Ivy’s jet-setting lifestyle. The eight month old recently was seen arriving in New York by way of helicopter with her doting dad Jay-Z. She was donning a white outfit, which the Daily Mail referred to as the mark of a rich child (LOL), complete with a cool set of Blue ear protectors. The lil’ Carter has a busy week ahead of her as she is set to presumably embark on a trip to Philadelphia this weekend for her famous daddy’s “Made In America” concert.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bison Brothers: 10 Notable Men Who Attended Howard University
- When Cutting The “No Good” Men Out Of Your Life Includes Your Own Father
- Down With The Brown? Celebrities Who Look Black…But Aren’t
- Is That Just The Way She Is? Keeping Standards High and Expectations Real With Your Friendships
- The Thirst Files: How He Dickmatized Her
- Ratch On Ratch On Ratch: 7 Moments You Had To See From Part 1 Of The Love & Hip-Hop Reunion
- Heyello! 11 Bahamian Celebrities We Love And Per The Usual, A Few Surprises…
If you missed D’Angelo performing at the BET Awards (you can go to the site and check it out) Sunday before last and didn’t have the ducats to fly down to New Orleans, find a place to stay and pay for the shows at Essence Fest, you’re in luck. You can still experience D’Angelo live and in full effect, as well as the always amazing and talented Mary J. Blige because the two are going on tour with each other next month.
During what they call “The Liberation Tour,” a co-headlining opportunity, the two mega R&B stars will be hitting up venues in August showcasing their talents and new tracks. Blige told Rolling Stone that the tour will include around 20 stops and said she thought the powerhouses teaming up would be exciting for fans: “I felt like it would be refreshing and fun for people to see him and Mary J. Blige on the road together.” Yes, she spoke in third person if you were confused. Anywho, if you were doubting it before it definitely looks like your man is back. From showing up at the Bonnaroo festival last month, to showing up at the BET Awards, The House of Blues in LA, Essence Fest and an upcoming appearance at Jay-Z’s Made In America Festival in September, after more than a decade of being reclusive, D’Angelo’s back at it and shows no signs of slowing up.
I think we can all agree that that’s a ticket we wouldn’t mind doling out dollars for, as we all know Mary will bring it, and it would be nice to look back 10 years from now and say you saw D’Angelo hit the stage again, you know, just in case he decides to play hide and seek again in the future. Here are the already announced dates, and keep an eye out for the rest of the scheduled performances soon:
- Aug. 18 Virgina Beach, VA (Farm Bureau Live)
- Aug. 19 Wantagh, NY (Nikon Theatre at Jones Beach)
- Aug. 21 Boston, MA (Bank of America Pavilion)
- Aug. 23 Holmdel, NJ (PNC Bank Arts Center)
- Aug. 26 Washington, DC (Verizon Center)
More on Madame Noire!
- Never Thought They’d Make It: Couples We Didn’t Think Would Still Be Together!
- Back In The Day When I Was Young: Child Actors Who Aren’t So Little Anymore!
- Oral Transactions and Getting “Ghetto”: Moments in Reality TV That Had Everybody Talking
- They’re Not Just for Kids Anymore: How to Be Chic in Your Jellies This Summer
- Noire Naturals, Episode 3: Creating a Sophisticated Elegance
- Open Door Policy: The Truth About “Breaks” and Open Relationships
- DY-NO-MITE!!! 8 Celebrities and the Roles That Typecast Them and Stunted Their Careers