All Articles Tagged "joyful drake"
In our last installment of interviews from the BET Awards, we catch up with Joyful Drake, along with Wendy Raquel Robinson and Gabrielle Dennis of The Game. They tell us who they’re star struck by and Dennis breaks down her predictions for Blue Ivy’s debut dance routine (LOL). Check it.
More on Madame Noire!
- Single Black Male: Is It Okay To Judge Someone By Her Exes?
- “No Shame Day”: How I Relate To The Fight Against Mental Illness And The Stigma In The Black Community
- Where Are They Now? Flavor of Love Edition
- Hair Me Out! Mane Mishaps To Avoid At All Costs….
- And They Say Only Black Women are Bitter? Why Bitter Black Men Need To Have a Seat…Several
- One Piece of Advice? Be Done With Ambivalent Men and ‘Settle’ For The One Who Likes You
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Set It Off”
Look at your beautiful people!
All decked out, faces beat (in the good way) and hair just whipped! I love it! Especially since we don’t get to see a lot of young, talented black actors and actresses on the cover of mainstream magazines anymore (I’m just saying…). Picked as the “Fearless Class of 2011″ and looked at as the sexiest talent on TV, actors like Keisha Knight Pulliam, Hosea Sanchez (The Game), luscious Lance Gross, Tatyana Ali, Annie Ilonzeh (of the now defunct reboot of Charlie’s Angels), Coby Bell (The Game), Joyful Drake (Let’s Stay Together) and Christian Keyes (Let’s Stay Together) all gathered together looking pretty classy and cool for the cover. This issue also happens to mark the small magazine’s second anniversary. Loving the fashion and the fierce-ness they are giving me, but I’m also very impressed with the magazine’s recognition of these individuals’ talents. Kudos to you Fearless!
Be sure to check out behind-the-scenes video below from the shoot. Happy anniversary Fearless!
Are you loving the cover? Which young Hollywood star would you like to see get some more recognition like this?
More on Madame Noire!
- Sibling Rivalry: Related Stars Who Share The Spotlight
- The Anatomy of a Mean Girl: Part Good & Part Bad
- Halloween Costumes To Avoid
- High Bun It! 7 Hair Looks To Inspire A Perfect Updo
- Six Signs You May Be Forcing A Relationship
- Yup, You Said It: The Most Hilarious Reader Comments Of The Week
- There’s Just Something About Him: Our Favorite “Strangely” Attractive Guys
You’ve seen Joyful Drake around, from her reoccurring role on the Soul Food series to her current role as Tasha on BET’s “Let’s Stay Together”. Joyful has been in the game for the past seven years. Madame Noire sat down with this talented actress to discuss her start in the business, the lessons she’s learned and what women can learn from Tasha.