All Articles Tagged "eyelashes"
The fellas love luscious lips! And ladies love luring lashes! Lashes are one trend which originally served in an effort to add dramatic flair to Hollywood actresses, but have now managed to make their way the lids of teens, moms and working women who just want a little extra something. Lash application is a perfect way to save time in the morning routine and look phenomenal for every photo op, but with so many options, who has time to figure out what to choose? Not worries, we’ve got you covered for 10 things everyone should know about the fabulous falsies.
When the sun goes down, the lashes come out! Something about darkness is sultry and hot. The same is true for your makeup. Now that you have mastered the art of the 5 minute daytime face let’s take that look and put it on steroids!
Decide what the focus will be. Do you want your lips bold and beautiful or seriously stunning eyes? As a rule of thumb (but there are always exceptions) if you decide to emphasize your lips, play down the eyes and vice versa.
- If you plan to create a smokey eyes, do not put on your foundation until after you have completed the look. Darker shadows may fall ruining your makeup application. If any thing falls or you make a mistake, it is much easier to fix it when the rest of the face is bare.
A smokey eye does not have to be done with black. “Smokey” is a technique not a color. Choose the color that moves you at the time. Rich purples and deep blues look extremely beautiful on darker eyes. Light eyes may want to opt for brown or greens.
- Switch your powder foundation from your daytime look for a full-coverage liquid or creme foundation for a truly flawless finish
- Add your blush, but this time be a little more generous with the color. If you feel like clown, you can always tone it back down by adding a brush of your powder foundation. Now this is where you can contour and highlight. I never leave home without creating cheekbones for myself!
- Now is the time for the extreme brows. For a perfect eyebrow, first be honest with yourself about the current state of your brows. Almost all of us can stand to do a little extra growing in. Brows are sisters not twins. Do not drive yourself crazy trying to make them totally symmetrical. Get them as close as possible. Try Spiked brow pencil by MAC to help you create the shape you want your brows to be then fill in that shape with a lighter shadow. Then take a lighter concealer and trace underneath the brow to define it. Be sure to BLEND in the line where the concealer meets the brow.
- Grab a nude lip if you decided on a smokey eye or opt for a pop of color on the lips if eyeshadow is neutral.
- ADD LASHES or at least a few coats of a fantastic mascara. LASHES draw the attention straight to your eyes. It’s an extra layer of fabulousness! You may not opt to do it every time you go out but give it a try on a special occasion. It makes all the difference.
- Eyeliner is essential for a night look. Decide if you are going for drama or a light emphasis. Line the entire eye with a black liner if you did a smokey eye. Be sure to smudge the bottom lash line with a finger or smudging brush to create a smoldering look on the bottom. If you opted for a more natural eye, you may choose to line either the top or the bottom.
Mikki Bey is a Celebrity Makeup Artist based in Los Angeles. Her work has been seen on E!, BET, VH1 and published in Essence, Ebony, Vibe, Jet, Upscale, OK! and Life and Style magazines. Check out her website www.mikkibey.com. Tweet your beauty questions/comments to her @mikkibey.
More on Madame Noire!
- Ready For A Ring? Find Out What Men Look for When Choosing A Wife
- The Future of Famous: Cute Kids Of Our Favorite Celebrities
- The Jingling Baby: Bold and Fashionable Bracelets
- Husband Hunting? 10 Traits To Look For In A Spouse
- Does Your Relationship Need a Refresh
- She Get It From Her Mama! Mother & Daughter Stars We Love
- Hair Drama: What Not to Do When You Decide to Weave it Up
A list of makeup sins could stretch the length of the United States but I will spare you the long read and just share with you a few of the things that women do to their faces that drives me absolutely crazy! If you do these things, trust, you will be clowned.
*Note: Places to buy the mentioned products are linked to in each description*