All Articles Tagged "Esquire"
Idris, aka, Idrissa, has clearly made it. If the Golden Globe Award, his own show on BBC (“Luther”), guest appearances on some huge shows (“The Office,” “The Big C”) and the lead acting roles weren’t proof enough for you, he’s now been pegged as part of the next generation of Hollywood stars for Esquire, flashing his bright whites on one of three covers, alongside actor Taylor Kitsch (who was very crunk). At 39, it’s a little random that they call him the “Next Generation,” but he’s blowing up big time either way, and I’m sure he appreciates the cover love. He also had his share of hot and swaggerific photos solo in the spread, and we knew you would love them, so check ‘em out below…
Elba also had the opportunity to introduce himself to those who don’t know him like that (travesty!) through a short video. Per the usual, with the accent, jazzy dress and personality, he was delicious:
Nice to finally see this hunk-of-burning-man getting his just dues, and with Esquire of all people! I smell Oscars in the near future…
More on Madame Noire!
- Are They Related? 10 Sets of Celebrities Who Look Way Too Much Alike
- Woo Woo Woo: 8 Celebs Who Really Need A Hug
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: When Should I Introduce Him to My Son?
- Yeezy and His “Perfect B****” Are a Perfect Match: The Importance of Dating Someone With The Same Values
- LOL! The Funniest “Love & Hip Hop Atlanta” Parody Ever In Life
- Somebody Lied to You And Your Lacefront: 9 Celebs Who Need a Lacefront Wig Intervention
- Lolo Jones and Her Pretty Girl Problem
If you’re one of those women who’s constantly complaining about how bad your man is in bed, a writer for Esquire has some words for you: you’re not as good as you think.
In a short, to the point, let me set these women straight article for their April Sex Issue, Chris Jones gives women a taste of their own, “he’s wack” medicine, by pointing out the fact that contrary to some of our popular beliefs, our bedroom game might not be all that we think it is. He writes:
“The trouble is, most women act as though they’re sexual Olympians, as though they’re doing the men in their lives the greatest of favors merely by presenting themselves like a downed deer strapped to the hood of a car. Some of you are deluding yourselves. Sex is not like pizza. Only blowjobs are.”
Angry much? After giving his own pro-tip, which turned into a five-point rant about positions, odor, and knowing your own body that I’ll let you read at your leisure, he ends with this:
“The bottom line is that if your sex life is bad, you bear at least some of the blame — maybe even an entire half of it. Do you want better, more satisfying sex? Tell your eager man what you’d like him to do to you. And don’t be afraid to let it all out.”
Given that the writer only considers himself “adequate” in bed, falling somewhere between “not totally unpleasant, but not totally pleasant, either,” I don’t know how much weight his advice holds. But he does have a point about women needing to put in as much work as a man. The only thing is if you tell a man what you need him to do and he still can’t do it, I think women have the right to declare him wack and move on.
What do you think about this article? Is the writer just a bitter lover or is he telling the truth?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- You Can Call Me Crazy: 7 Women Who Acted A Fool On-Screen…And We Loved It
- 7 Things That Should Signal The End of A Relationship
- “Ask A Black Man” Episode 1: Life Of A Single Black Man (Extended Cut)
- He’s No Good For You: How To Stay Away
- Dawn Richards Keeps It Real About Splitting From Bad Boy, Danity Kane And Cheating Boyfriends
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: Stolen Kidneys & Treating Your Man
- Be Kareful With Your Kotex! Mold Found On Kotex
- Looking Out: Tyler Perry Gives Bobbi Kristinia A Job
The men on this list fly in private planes, throw parties at the Hamptons, and have millions, literally millions, in the bank. While your man might not have all that (pat yourself on the back if he does!), doesn’t mean he can’t dress like these G.Q. brothas. They are the best dressed black male celebrities in Hollywood–well, according to moi. After a few glances over their stylish photographs, I’m sure you’ll agree. If not, let us know who you’d like to add to the list, or unapologetically delete.
Highest paid soccer players… and they’re cuties! [ENTREZ]
Hallucinations a risk in hospitals [ENTREZ]]
Serena Williams remains in Wimbledon, unbeaten [ENTREZ]
Oprah gives her list of summer fashion trends [ENTREZ]
Esquire examines Facebook creator, Mark Zuckerberg’s fate [ENTREZ]