All Articles Tagged "cartoon"
Nick Cannon has always been a jack of many trades but he’s bringing his wife Mariah Carey in on his latest venture as the couple dabbles with creating an animated series. Nick told MTV News:
“We actually got some stuff in development that we’re working on, some animated stuff that her and I are putting together. So you’ll definitely see her in that space too. It’s just something that we both enjoy, and even more so than that, we’re both kids at heart. So we love those types of stories and fantasy/fairytale type of stuff.”
Being new parents is also a big part of it. Nick was already hosting the family friendly competition “America’s Got Talent” and he’s also the executive producer of the upcoming Nickelodeon movie “Rags.” Though this is the man who once had a song out for the adults called “Gigolo,” he says most of what he does here on out will be programs geared towards his one-year-old twins Monroe and Moroccan.
“I mean it’s one of those things where a lot of the stuff I’m going to be doing in the near future is going to be really family-driven just because of the fact being a father and wanting to be able to provide content for my kids,” he said. ”So it works out really good. It makes you proud when you can have some work that your kids can go see.”
He’s such a proud papa!
What do you think about Nick and Mariah’s new venture?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- “Would We Still Back Barack Obama if He Were Married to a White Woman?”
- “Messy: Terrell Owens Confronts Baby Mommas on Dr. Phil”
- “Check Ya Vocals: 7 Songs That Would’ve Sounded Better If Someone Else Sang Them”
- “2012 Met Costume Institute Gala: Beyoncé, Rihanna & More Show Out On The Red Carpet”
- You Can Do Better: Your Standards Are Too Low If You Accept These 6 Things
- “How Far Can Swag Take You? An Analysis of the Rick Ross Appeal”
- “Phil Mushnick (And Those Who Agree With Him), Tell Us Why You’re Really Mad at Jay-Z”
There’s a little illustration, a cartoon if you will, that’s currently making its way around the web. Though there is evidence of its presence on the internet, as far back as October of last year, comedian Kevin Hart made it popular by posting it on his Facebook page. Judging by the reaction to the comic, everyone doesn’t find it so funny.
Take a look and let us know what you think:
You want to know what I think? While I could take offense to the stereotypes the black women in this comic are portraying, I can also say that I chuckled when I first looked at this illustration. You know why? Because all jokes, though occasionally absurd, are usually based off a modicum of truth. And while this scenario has never played out in my personal life;…to the best of my knowledge, I can say I’ve seen it happen. As far back as middle school, I’ve seen it happen. And not just to the “nerdy” dudes either. Boys who were considered “soft” or “too dark” were sometimes openly and harshly rejected by sistas. And you know what? They moved on. Not always washing their hands completely of black women but gravitating towards a woman who wouldn’t put them down. Who can be mad at that?
Sure, not all black men start dating white women because of this and certainly all black women don’t reject men they think are “geeky” but this is one, two framed illustration. It would be foolish to think it could tackle all the sometimes painful dynamics that exist between black women and black men.
**Update** Kevin Hart issued this statement on his Facebook page regarding the cartoon.
I was just made aware that the cartoon was posted on my page yesterday……..it was posted by someone who only had access to my page for the purpose of uploading my calendar events…..That person thought that they were doing me a favor by posting something that THEY thought was funny……..LEGAL ACTION HAS BEEN TAKEN & ONCE AGAIN I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT CARTOON IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!!!!!! I am now done talking about this subject……LIVE LOVE & LAUGH.
What do you think about the comic? Were you offended? Have you ever witnessed a scenario like this?
More on Madame Noire!
- 7 Ways He Wants You To Be Better Than His Last Girlfriend
- The Simmons Family (Including Ex-Wife Valerie Vaughn) Pose For Ebony’s Mother’s Day Issue
- “Ask A Black Man” Episode 2: The Dating Episode
- Sheree’s $750K Salary Demand Likely Got Her Cut
- Stripper Vanity Wonder Writes Book On Undercover Butt Shots Culture
- Columnist Fired For Article On What White Parents Should Tell Kids About Blacks
- Am I Raising a Spoiled Brat?
- Beyonce, Jay-Z & Blue Ivy Head to St. Barts