All Articles Tagged "business meeting"
Getting to know someone new can be daunting, especially when you don’t know the other person’s intentions. It takes time to peel back the many layers that may reveal a sweet heart or rotten core, alike. Many of us have learned — the hard way — to keep our guard up and set realistic expectations for a first date. And when it comes to business, being ready for a first date is equally important as it is in a romantic setting.
It takes four adoptable roles to be a good business date:
- Prepared investigator. Don’t treat your business relationships like blind dates. Your instincts can guide your final judgment, but you still have to do your homework. Go trigger-happy on Google; check your social networks for common contacts and ask for honest insights. Take the time to research the history and expertise of the person and their company. Being prepared doesn’t just give you the upper hand — it also allows you to pre-qualify your date and know enough background to break the ice for a more engaging conversation.
Check out the other three roles on BlackEnterprise.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Single Black Male: Is It Okay To Judge Someone By Her Exes?
- “No Shame Day”: How I Relate To The Fight Against Mental Illness And The Stigma In The Black Community
- Where Are They Now? Flavor of Love Edition
- Hair Me Out! Mane Mishaps To Avoid At All Costs….
- And They Say Only Black Women are Bitter? Why Bitter Black Men Need To Have a Seat…Several
- One Piece of Advice? Be Done With Ambivalent Men and ‘Settle’ For The One Who Likes You
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Set It Off”