All Articles Tagged "black and married with kids"
The statistics on the chances of a marriage surviving are as dismal as the probability of finding someone to marry in the first place which is why single black hopefuls and those whose marriages are in turmoil, need reminders that there are couples who beat the odds. That’s where BlackandMarriedWithKids.com authors Lamar and Ronnie Tyler come in with their new documentary, Still Standing.
The film is the third installment in the couple’s “Timeless” series and features in-depth conversations with several couples, including “Speech” Thomas from the group Arrested Development, and his wife, on how various circumstances threatened their union and how they pulled through together. From chronic illness, to financial struggles, to infidelity, and the difficulties of blending two families into one, these couples have been hit with issues we all can relate to, and in the documentary they’ll talk about working through those problems and being on the successful side of marriage. Dr. Sherry L. Blake, who we’ve seen counsel Gabe and Trina on the “Braxton Family Values” will also offer a psychological perspective on marriage and it’s challenges.
The film is slated for a May 1 DVD release, and if you happen to live in Chicago, Dallas, DC, Houston, or Atlanta, you can check out a live-screening of the film at the end of the month and in April.
Watch the trailer for Still Standing and tell us what you think. Will you check this out when it’s released?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- She’s Trying to Erykah Badu Me: 7 Men Whose Style Changed For Their Lady
- Where Has He Been?? Love Jones Creator Explains His Disappearance
- Hair-Raising!: Real Life Hair Horror Stories
- Would You Be Cool Not Being Claimed By Your Man?
- Leah Remini: Sharon Osbourne Had Holly & I Fired Because We Were ‘Ghetto’
- Black Celebrity Twins Besides Tia & Tamera
- Six Blacks Who Made Forbes’ Billionaire List
- 7 Dating Patterns Many Women Fall Into
About “Thanksgiving Madness”
The holiday season is finally here, and we all know what that means: friends, family and food! But, if you’re not careful the holiday season can be stressful. In this episode, you will learn how to whiz through your Thanksgiving week with minimal stress. Check out an app that can help you ace your dinner planning, see what our guest Lamar Tyler of BlackAndMarriedWithKids.com recommends for traveling with kids, and check out a cute activity your child can do to keep the family focused on the reason for the season!
Featured Guest: Lamar Tyler
Along with his wife Ronnie, Lamar Tyler is Co-Founder of the largest black marriage and parenting site on the web BlackandMarriedWithKids.com. They’ve also produced several films including Happily Ever After: A Positive Image of Black Marriage which has a Facebook page with over 90 thousand fans. The Tylers have four children and have built a movement around promoting positive images of marriage and parenting in the black community.
- Website: www.BlackandMarriedWithKids.com
- Twitter: @lamartyler @blackandmarried
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/happilyeverafterthemovie
Episode Links & Resources
- LINK: CHOW iPhone App helps you get organized for Thanksgiving dinner
- SOCIAL MEDIA BRIEF: What are your family’s Thanksgiving traditions? Do you have any memorable Thanksgiving moments?
- LINK: Tips for Traveling With Kids
- ARTS & CRAFTS RESOURCE: Turkey Pattern for Thanksgiving Day Game
- LINK: Last Minute Thanksgiving Day Tips & Tricks
- LINK:Kids Fall Crafts
Want More Mommy In Chief? Watch these episodes:
- Episode 1: Are You A Good Enough Mother?
- Episode 2: New Motherhood and Balancing A Bust Work Life
- Episode 3: How to Decorate an Eco-Friendly Baby Nursery
- Episode 4: Foodie, Nicole Friday on Kids and Career
- Episode 5: Melissa Beck, From Hollywood to Stay At Home Mom
- Episode 6: Single Mom in The City
- Episode 7: Mommy Mogul and Marketing Wiz Monique Jackson at Home With Her Boys
- Episode 8: Beauty Maven Jodie Patterson Talks Four-Day Work Week for Moms
- Episode 9: Tonya Lewis Lee on Motherhood and the Importance of Women’s Health
- Episode 1: Back 2 School
- Episode 2: Happy Halloween
- Episode 3: Socially Responsible Kids
- Episode 4: Money Talks
- Episode 5: Keeping Families Healthy
- Episode 6: Thanksgiving Madness
- Episode 7: Highlights and Best Moments
- Episode 8: Stylish Moms
- Episode 9: Best Apps for Moms
- Episode 10: Socialite Kids
- Episode 11: Hair Talk with AfroBella
- Episode 12: Happy New Year!