DIY Hair Butter Recipe For Your Most Moisturized Hair Yet
Hair butter has been a pretty popular product for brands in the market for good reason. Hair butter has many benefits for your hair, as it’s known to treat and repair hair that is both naturally and chemically dry. If you’ve been dying to try a hair butter but don’t want to pay high prices for one, consider trying this DIY recipe to create your very own with these all-natural ingredients.
What you Need:
- 1/2 organic unrefined shea butter (Butters-N-Bars.com-$5.00)
- 2 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of argan oil
- 1 tbsp of jojoba oil
- 1-2 drops of sweet almond oil
- Clean empty jar/container with lid (Purchase at your local beauty supply store or Butters-n-Bars.com
- Small/Medium size plastic Mixing bowl
- Stand mixer or whisk
- Add shea butter and oils to mixing bowl
- Using a stand mixer, whip the mixture on a low setting until it reaches a smooth consistency
- Put hair butter mixture into empty jar/container and secure with a lid.
- Keep hair butter mixture at room temperature.
Routine for using Hair Butter:
- Wash with a sulfate –free or cleansing shampoo of your choice
- Follow up with a moisturizing conditioner
- Apply your favorite leave-in-conditioner
- Seal in moisture with an oil with moisturizing properties such as jojoba oil or almond oil
- Finish with your hair butter