What would a movie be without a soundtrack? Nowadays, that’s all you get–just a movie. A two hour or more piece of work with a score that sounds like elevator music or something made off a Casio keyboard at the last minute. And if there is a soundtrack, no one knows about it, or chances are, it’s as wack as it can be. But back in the day, soundtracks were almost as big as the movies themselves, selling millions and getting put on repeat in clunky old Walkmans. So we’re going to take a walk down memory lane! Maybe going through our 10 favorite soundtracks from some pretty awesome black films will make you buy the albums, or watch the movies again. Who am I kidding? Are you really buying albums anymore??? (proceeds to shake head…)
- MN Business
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Don't Shoot
- Disturbing Video Of Laquan McDonald’s Fatal Shooting Leads To Protest In Chicago
- 5 Black Lives Matter Protesters Shot In Minneapolis
- Black Lives Matter: Brazilian Police Kill Citizens 6 Times More Than U.S.
- On A Corridor Of Chaos, Natalie’s Cakes Thrives One Year After Mike Brown’s Death
- Live From Ferguson: Canfield Drive One Year Later
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural