While some people think Zendaya Coleman will do good work as Aaliyah in the upcoming Lifetime biopic, “Aaliyah” was trending all last night and this morning with people upset over the movie and Coleman being cast. I’m sure you heard about the petition too. Many actually tweeted out pictures or recommended women, known and unknown, who they felt would have been a better pick. Some of the women could have been dopplegangers for the late singer, but others? Uh, some folks really tried it. Here are 11 women, both good and…interesting picks, recommended in the past and present as people who should play Aaliyah. Who would you recommend? Or are you digging Zendaya too?
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Don't Shoot
- CNN Reporter Mistakes Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Members For The Crips
- How A Traffic Stop Ended In Tragedy: Dashboard Footage In Walter Scott Murder Released
- Why President Obama’s Selma Speech Was So Disappointing
- Scathing Ferguson Report Highlights The Racial Bias Of The City’s Government, And The Debtor Prison Culture
- Must Watch: Black Mothers’ New Year’s Resolutions For America
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural