While some people think Zendaya Coleman will do good work as Aaliyah in the upcoming Lifetime biopic, “Aaliyah” was trending all last night and this morning with people upset over the movie and Coleman being cast. I’m sure you heard about the petition too. Many actually tweeted out pictures or recommended women, known and unknown, who they felt would have been a better pick. Some of the women could have been dopplegangers for the late singer, but others? Uh, some folks really tried it. Here are 11 women, both good and…interesting picks, recommended in the past and present as people who should play Aaliyah. Who would you recommend? Or are you digging Zendaya too?
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Follow MadameNoire on Google+
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Don't Shoot
- Must Watch: Black Mothers’ New Year’s Resolutions For America
- “This Has To Be The Cruelest Thing I’ve Ever Seen”: New Video Shows Sister Of Tamir Rice Being Tackled, Handcuffed By Police After Shooting
- Ferguson Grand Juror Suing Prosecutor Robert McCulloch; Says He Focused More On Michael Brown Than Darren Wilson When Presenting Case
- #RIPAntonioMartin: 18-Year-Old Black Teen Fatally Shot By Cop In Berkeley, MO
- “All Cops Ain’t Bad”: The Problem With The Feel Good Cop Viral Videos…
Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube!
- Trending On Social
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural