Stronger, Longer Hair Challenge
Take the Healthy Hair Survey
Day after day we tend to play in our hair; some more than others. It has become an obsession for some people. Of course, we all like to do different things to our hair. I have extensions in right now to give my hair a break from having “hand in hair” syndrome. I am always messing with my hair because I am a hair blogger so I decided to give my hair some well needed rest. When I don’t have extensions in (which is the majority of the time), I wear my hair natural. I have come up with a Spring/Summer weekly regimen that has worked for me the past couple of years that I always stick to:
- Sunday- Hair wash day! I love to wash and condition my hair and maybe even sit under the steamer. This is the day that I have the most time to do my hair and to not have to rush. I start off around 2pm-ish. I wash and detangle my hair thoroughly- which for me can take up to 30 minutes. After that, I do about 9 two stands twists with some of my favorite products. I let me hair dry a little bit throughout the day so I am not going to bed with wet hair. If I get started a little later, or if my hair is too damp, I will take a blow drier with a diffuser attachment on cool and blow it for a little while.
- Monday- In the morning, I take my twists out. I add a nice gloss to make my hair shiny. And voila! At night I re-twist my hair adding a moisturizer in as I twist. I make sure to not disrupt the curls by not separating the hair too much. I want to keep the frizz down.
- Tuesday- This morning I do the same thing and repeat the steps! Simple and easy breezy!
- Wednesday- This is typically the last day of my twist out where it looks decent lol. I get through the day, add a moisturizer in as I re-twist at night, and prepare for washing the next morning.
- Thursday- I have to get up early on Thursdays because it’s Wash & Go time. I can do wash & go’s on Thursdays because I usually can only get a good 2 days out of it so it will last me until the end of the work week. I use a moisturizer, a gloss, and a holding product and mix them all together in my hand. Then I rake through my hair with my fingers and flip my hair upside down and I let my hair air dry during warmer weather. At night, I put my hair into a very loose bun and add a moisturizing crème if needed.
- Friday: Wake up! Shake my hair out (literally) until it falls nicely and go!!
- Saturday: Maybe bun it! Make a puff! Or anything else that is easy to do from a 2 day old wash and go. Sometimes I add moisture or spray a leave-in conditioner to revitalize my curls. I get ready for Sunday to do it all over again.
Do you have a weekly Spring/Summer regimen that you use are using during the Healthy Hair Challenge? Please share with the Madame Noire fam!
Join the Optimum Stronger, Longer Hair Challenge! Complete the Hair Survey and share your experience in the challenge by commenting below or tweeting us @MadameNoire
with the hashtag #StrongerLonger for your chance to be our weekly winner and score amazing Optimum Care products!.
We are looking for the most engaged users. Participate in the challenge, send us your questions… and we could feature YOU on Madame Noire! At the end of the challenge, three Grand Prize winners will receive a salon experience, tons of Optimum Care product, and the opportunity to serve as an Optimum Care blogger. Join us!
Feel free to e-mail us at HealthyHair@madamenoire.com