Yes, long before he was the Tool Man, Tim Allen was a coke dealer. On October 2,1978, Tim Allen package was arrested in Detroit for possession of a pound and a half of cocaine. Under Michigan law, he could have been sentenced to life in prison. Instead he turned state’s evidence, the legal term for ratting on your cohorts. Allen reportedly ratted out at least 21 co-conspirators, and in exchange, he was sentenced to just five years under the more lenient, at that time, federal law. He was paroled after 2½ years, and after dropping his last name, package, he was able to shake his past and start fresh. Allen eventually fought his way to fame by first staring in comedy acts in 1975, and eventually landing on the TV with the television series Home Improvement (1991–1999) on ABC, playing Tim “The Tool-Man” Taylor.
- MN Business
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Don't Shoot
- Disturbing Video Of Laquan McDonald’s Fatal Shooting Leads To Protest In Chicago
- 5 Black Lives Matter Protesters Shot In Minneapolis
- Black Lives Matter: Brazilian Police Kill Citizens 6 Times More Than U.S.
- On A Corridor Of Chaos, Natalie’s Cakes Thrives One Year After Mike Brown’s Death
- Live From Ferguson: Canfield Drive One Year Later
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural