(The Network Journal) – As many Americans scrounge for holiday deals, they might consider plunking those dollars saved into a college-savings fund for their children or grandchildren. But what’s the best place to park money that needs to grow at a rate to keep up with rapidly rising tuition costs? It might be a 529 plan, where tax-free earnings can give you an edge. But the plans aren’t all created equal. A 529 college-savings plan allows you to invest money for a family member that you later withdraw income-tax-free to pay for the relative’s education costs at almost any accredited college, community college or vocational school. It’s funded with after-tax money but grows tax-free to cover qualified items including tuition, room and board and textbooks.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: I Wish I'd Known This When I Graduated College...
- Yummy In My Tummy: Tasty Foods That Keep You Energized
- After The Love Is Gone: The Most Common Reasons People Fall Out Of Love
- Do Not Take My Picture!!!! Celebs Who’ve Fought Back (Hard) Against Paparazzi
- When The Shoe Don't Fit, You Have To Quit! The Worst Celebrity Foot Offenses
- You Have 0 New Messages: Signs It's Time To Re-Vamp Your Online Dating Profile Now
- Do It Now! 10 Steps To Fighting Procrastination
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN