(New York Times) — A lot of questions come to mind at the four-story brick building on Park Place with all those pictures of Bob Marley on the walls. What is a television network about all things Caribbean that is seen in 26 islands doing in Newark? What made a former corporate lawyer and clerk for a federal judge think he could create a reggae-inflected channel often described as the MTV of the Caribbean? What’s the deal with that catchphrase, “Badness outta style”? Is there something going on here beyond an oddly situated business enterprise? The answers begin and end with Frederick A. Morton, who grew up in St. Croix, V.I., with parents from Nevis, speaks with a rich Caribbean lilt, and willed into existence Tempo Networks, which reaches three million people via cable providers with names like Cable Bahamas Ltd., TDS Curacao and Karib Cable Communications.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Follow MadameNoire on Google+
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Don't Shoot
- Scathing Ferguson Report Highlights The Racial Bias Of The City’s Government, And The Debtor Prison Culture
- Must Watch: Black Mothers’ New Year’s Resolutions For America
- “This Has To Be The Cruelest Thing I’ve Ever Seen”: New Video Shows Sister Of Tamir Rice Being Tackled, Handcuffed By Police After Shooting
- Ferguson Grand Juror Suing Prosecutor Robert McCulloch; Says He Focused More On Michael Brown Than Darren Wilson When Presenting Case
- #RIPAntonioMartin: 18-Year-Old Black Teen Fatally Shot By Cop In Berkeley, MO
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural