(Black Web 2.0) — A few weeks back, ChubbyBrain and their parent company CB Insights invited Black Web 2.0 readers to try out the beta version Funding Recommendation Engine (FRE), it’s latest product. FRE allowed users to search for potential investors using an algorithm based on the amount of funding required by the entrepreneur, location and experience as well as the potential investor’s past funding experience. A number of our readers took FRE for a spin allowing ChubbyBrain, to gather some rather intriguing data on the makeup of our audience, especially when it comes to entrepreneurship. Unlike the data compiled by ChubbyBrains’ Human Capital Venture Capital report, listing California, Massachusetts, and New York as the top locations for start-up founders many Black Web 2.0 start-up founders are located in areas not typically associated with technology start-ups. New York and North Carolina led the pack with 22%. Georgia and Florida came in second with 14% while New Jersey, Southern California, Illinois, and Maryland clocked in with 7% each.
More on Madame Noire!
- Don't Knock It Until You See It: Celebs Who Were Side-Eyed For Biopics Because They Didn't "Look" The Part
- When Women Text... The Ways We Drive Ourselves Crazy Over SMS
- 15 Of The Worst Magazine Cover Photoshop Jobs in History
- 15 TV Shows With The Best Theme Songs
- 15 White Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Raising Black Children
- How To Flirt At Work Without Being Unprofessional
- The Best And The Boldest Of The 2013 Billboard Music Award Fashion
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN