5 Great Part-Time Job Ideas
With all the hoopla in the news about jobs being wickedly scarce, we thought we’d drum up some part-time jobs that could help save those pockets from drying all the way out. These ideas are quick, nifty and can be done from the comfort of your home.
5. Catering – Get your apron out and whip up some batter for pastry you can sell to neighbors, friends & colleagues. Do you know how well cupcakes sell these days, what with popular stores like Cake Love, Crumbs & Magnolia Bakery?
4. Errand-running – Many executive, pregnant moms & slightly lazy people could use a little help running errands e.g. taking the car to the car wash, picking up mail and such. Why not advertise your help to them and get paid for it? They’d love you, and you’d love their money!
3. Private lessons – Do you have a skill in teaching, writing or maybe piano-playing? If so, there’s always a market for learners. Take up a few students and watch your pockets grow, at least modestly enough to pay some bills.
2. Virtual assistance – As technology seizes the global economy, more and more corporations, executives, regular folk and all-around rich folk find virtual assistance an acceptable asset. (Wow, four a-letter words in a row! Now, organize that.) You’ll do well to seek out those who need help by offering key services such as organizing, flight booking, and transcribing. You might make a pretty penny.
1. Consulting – Turn whatever core knowledge you’ve built via your past experiences into a consultancy! If you’re an expert at a service or skill, many companies would be willing to save the overhead costs of having you as a full-time employee and would love to have you on board as a consultant. Just ensure that you organize your portfolio, mesh your skill sets with their needs and pitch a great tune to the hiring managers that matter.