Beyoncé and Rihanna may be much closer than the rumor mill would have us think. The “We Found Love” singer was apparently on the brink of cancelling a performance in Dublin Friday after suffering a meltdown, but a call to Mrs. Carter gave her the strength to go on with the show.
According to mtvUK, a source told The Sun, Rihanna is likely suffering from exhaustion as a result of her ten month, 101-date tour.
“It’s a mix of exhaustion and stress,” the source said. She’s been partying hard to take her mind off things, but there are days when she wakes up and doesn’t even know where she is because of the travelling. It’s no wonder she is feeling down.”
Beyoncé is thought to have advised the Rihanna to complete her tour commitments, then take a year off – much like she did in 2009.
The source added, “She knows Rihanna needs downtime or she’ll burn out.”
I’d say that’s wise advice and it’s nice to see RiRi was able to call on Beyoncé in the middle of her breakdown. She’s likely the only one who could really understand what the star is going through. What do you think of Beyoncé’s advice and her relationship with Rihanna?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- In the Spirit of Christmas: Is It Ever Too Late to Reunite with Your Father?
- Are You on a Real Date — Or An “Almost Date”?
- Get Choked Up: 10 Collar Necklaces Worthy of Happy Tears
- The Questions He Hopes You Never Ask
- Reagan Gomez’s Marriage Advice: ‘Keep People Out of Your Business’
- 9 Inconvenient Truths About Men and Cheating
- Caught Cheating? How To Move Forward After Being Unfaithful