7. You’re good for the long haul
Although sexual attraction is very important to a relationship, unfortunately that drive biologically fades and you are left with more time spent out of the bedroom. In this case, don’t you want to really get along with your partner and be able to look back on what brought you together and how great the courting phase was? It’s important to have a basis of friendship so that you can always fall back on the fact that you two were brought together because of common goals, wants, desires, or interests. If sex is all you’ve ever had to bring you together, a level of resentment can occur if the relationship goes south and there will be very little glue to stick it back together.
More on Madame Noire!
- Differences That Are Worth Overcoming, And Those Worth Being Stubborn About
- Well You Don’t Say: 10 White Singers We Once Thought Were Black
- Breaking It Down: What Men Think of Things Women Do
- The Questions He Hopes You Never Ask
- Best New Books by African American Authors
- 9 Inconvenient Truths About Men and Cheating
- Hot Business Looks on a Tiny Budget Through Thrifting!