The honeymoon may already be over for newlyweds Sherri Shepherd and Lamar “Sal” Sally. Sources claim that Sherri’s new hubby neglected to mention that at one point he was “intimately involved with,” i.e. having sex with, bridesmaid Wendy Marrisa Peel who he begged Sherri to include in the bridal party.
A close family friend told the ENQUIRER, “Sal and Wendy met at college in 1990 and dated for about a year. But they mutually decided they were not meant to be in a committed relationship, so they broke up. However, they remained ‘friends with benefits’ right up to the time Sal met and started dating Sherri!
“It is quite possible Wendy was the last person Sal was intimate with before he met Sherri.”
When the ENQUIRER contacted Peel she denied dating Sal or sleeping with him in the past, but that doesn’t necessarily mean she’s telling the truth. (The family friend could also just be stirring up trouble.)
If this rumor proves true, I’d say Sal better watch out. At least the alleged relationship happened before Sherri, but I’d want a heads up on that, especially if I was asked to include an ex in my bridal party.
Would you ever have one of your man’s past lovers in your bridal party? If you found out after the fact that he slept with one of your bridesmaids before you were together, how would you react?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- 9 Celeb Men Whose Antics Have Cost Them Their “Swexy”
- Shocking! Bronx Groom Commits Suicide Hours After Wedding
- Top Ten Best Hair Products for the Newly Natural
- 9 Reasons He’s Pulling Away From You
- Natural Hair Goes Corporate: Will the Masses Get It?
- 6 Essential Oils You Should Consider to Promote Natural Hair
- Is LisaRaye Engaged to a Megachurch Pastor?