Queen Latifah has an amazing cover on the upcoming issue of MORE magazine, and inside she reveals some personal details of her plans for the future, including wanting to adopt.
She says, “I’m definitely going to adopt, or have a child. I’ve wanted to adopt since I was 17 or 18-years-old.”
It seems there isn’t anything that the 41-year-old rapper, actress, jazz singer, and cover girl model can’t do. Adding mother to the list only seems fitting. She told MORE that the death of her older brother in a motorcycle accident in 1992 inspired her to realize her dreams of motherhood. She also talks about the devastation of the loss and finding the strength to carry on.
“I know for a fact that my brother would not want me to stay right there, stuck in that misery. If the person who you lost loved you like you loved them, there’s no way they would not want you to live your life to the maximum, to appreciate it, to go for your dreams, go for your goals.”
Do you think the Queen will make a good mommy?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- The 8 Most Underrated Actresses
- 7 Socially-Conscious Cuties We Adore
- 6 Mistakes Women Make Just Like Men
- Why Are Black Men Discussing Our Hair on Dr. Drew’s “Life Changers”?
- Hollywood’s Top Nine Failed Marriages: Are Hollywood Couples Cursed?
- Why Does He Fear Gold diggers When He Really Wants Them?
- What Your Man’s Car Says About Him