This does not necessarily mean physical abuse, but emotional abuse as well. Hollywood notoriously deals with spousal abuse and many kinds of substance abuse almost daily. Magazine covers and entertainment news reports often cover the recent celeb who spent the night in the hospital with wounds, or is checking in to rehab for the fifth time. Although our lives aren’t on TV, it doesn’t mean the same abusive relationships aren’t happening in your back yard. Any kind of abuse, whether you are the most popular pop singer in the nation or a sales clerk at the supermarket, should not be tolerated by anyone. If you know anyone dealing with abuse of any kind, check out this website to find helpful tips, intervention techniques, and an anonymous person to speak with. Also visit DoSomething for more tips featuring an open comment portal that might help you, or a friend break the cycle of abuse.
More on Madame Noire!
- 9 Celeb Men Whose Antics Have Cost Them Their “Swexy”
- Shocking! Bronx Groom Commits Suicide Hours After Wedding
- Top Ten Best Hair Products for the Newly Natural
- 9 Reasons He’s Pulling Away From You
- Natural Hair Goes Corporate: Will the Masses Get It?
- 6 Essential Oils You Should Consider to Promote Natural Hair
- Is LisaRaye Engaged to a Megachurch Pastor?