Sometimes I wonder if Jay-Z is an orphan. Looking at the gazillion photos taken of him and Bey every day, you’d think we’d get to see a glimpse of his two sisters, big brother, mother or nephews in there from time to time. After all, his wife’s family is in about half of those photos. Don’t we know sister Solange, mama Tina, nephew Juelz and cousin Angie by first name by now?
If it weren’t for his lyrical references to Jay’s side of the family, we’d think he was ashamed of his clan. But really, what is all the mystery about? We do know that the bulk of his family lives in New York. Do none of his family members ever opt to take up Jay’s invitations to vacay in St. Tropez like the Knowles do? I’m sure some of Jay’s nephews would love the spotlight that little Juelz has garnered. One of Jay’s nephews works at Def Jam and one of them “Mel” is a rapper who really hasn’t gotten much free publicity from his famous uncle. If he got any of the attention and camera love that Juelz has, who know where’d he be by now.
In any case, this is a question for Vibe’s 20 questions. What is ya’ll’s best guess as to why Jay never spends outside time with his family?
More on Madame Noire!
- What to Expect When Moving in With Your Man
- “Weave Wisdom” Episode 1: Weaves 101
- Steal This Star Style: Get These Fab Celeb Looks For Much Less
- 7 Reasons Nice Guys Finish First
- Bad Hair Days: Celebrity Hair Gone Wrong
- Kandi Burruss: Her Hair Wins & Womps Over the Years
- The Truth @bout Natural Hair With Anu: Re-Growing Temple Hair