Couple Sues Patti LaBelle — After SheThrows Water at Them
When Patti LaBelle tells you something, you better listen. Or you can always sue her. A New York City mother and her husband did just that after Ms. Patti scolded the woman for letting her 18-month-old toddler take steps away from her as she struggled with luggage and a car seat in the lobby of the building the singer was staying in. When the mother told LaBelle to stay out of her business, Lady Marmalade threw water on them from a bottle she was carrying and then launched into an “obscenity-filled tirade,” a lawyer for the couple said.
When the child started crying, the mother made a comment to LaBelle who reportedly charged at her and tried to hit her. A complaint was filed with the police, but no arrests were made.
This is Ms. Patti’s second lawsuit in five months. A U.S. Military Academy cadet sued her over a Houston airport scuffle with her bodyguards. He said they attacked him for no reason in March of 2010, but the singer countersued the cadet, saying he tried to get into her limousine and was drunk and using racial slurs, which he denied.
Sounds like it might be time for this diva to learn to keep her cool a little better. What do you think?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- 6 Bangin’ Hairstyles for Lovers of Bangs
- Are White Men Trophy Husbands to Some Black Women?
- 8 Reasons Why Water is So Important to Our Health
- Ask the Luv Coach: “He is Not Interested in Sex With Me Anymore”
- 6 Lies Women Tell To Make A Man Like Them
- 7 Things NOT To Tell Your Mom About Your Relationship
- Is Wearing a Weave For Everyone?