Tasha Smith Covers the Essence December Issue
In the mag’s December issue, the actress who played Angela, the craziest and most memorable character in the “Why Did I Get Married” series, talks about how God and Tyler Perry changed her life.
She told Essence: “All those years ago, I was a girl with this dream, but with no education, no confidence, no self-esteem, nothing. And now God has brought me to this place of destiny, and He’s not even done with me yet…”
She’s right. On November 25, her new show on TBS, “For Better or Worse,” based off of the marriage of her Tyler Perry character, will debut. Will you be tuning in?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- 6 Good Reasons to Date “Other” Men
- Hair Foods: Nourishing Products Straight From Your Kitchen
- Uh, Come Get Your Kids! Things SOME Parents Need to Stop Doing
- Rapper Wale Wants to Advocate for Black Women: Please Don’t
- Falling in Love with an Ugly Man
- Kris Humphries Before and After: Did Kim Kardashian Kill His Hot?
- Fall Shows That Are Winners (Bonus: And They Have Some Black Characters!)