Sad: 9-Year-Old Girl Facing Felonies for Bus Tantrum
A young girl racked up four felonies on her way home from school yesterday after she threw a fit on the yellow bus.
The 9-year-old reportedly spit on the bus driver, threw rocks at the bus, and tossed a patio chair at a cop, while warning, “I will f*****g kill you!” The cause? The driver told the Royal Palm School fourth grader to stop eating candy on the bus.
According to a Lee County Sheriff’s Office report, the girl “became very upset” and started yelling obscenities at driver Robert Middleton. (I’d say “very upset” is a huge understatement.) Officers charged the Fort Myers girl with battery on a public school employee, resisting arrest with violence, battery on a law enforcement officer, and throwing a deadly missile into an occupied vehicle.
After being released into her parents’ custody last night, the girl was placed on home detention for 21 days. I’d say anger management classes need to be a part of her penalty. Can you believe this little girl? I wonder how her parents’ disciplining measures compare to her varied means of attack.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- 6 Good Reasons to Date “Other” Men
- Hair Foods: Nourishing Products Straight From Your Kitchen
- Uh, Come Get Your Kids! Things SOME Parents Need to Stop Doing
- Rapper Wale Wants to Advocate for Black Women: Please Don’t
- Falling in Love with an Ugly Man
- Kris Humphries Before and After: Did Kim Kardashian Kill His Hot?
- Fall Shows That Are Winners (Bonus: And They Have Some Black Characters!)