Comedian Mo’Nique has partnered with the Marylanders for Marriage Equality coalition in a campaign to fight for gay marriage rights in the state.
The coalition launched a web campaign featuring a video clip of the Academy Award-winning actress supporting equal marriage rights in her home state. In the message below she says, “I believe since we’ve all been given free will, let’s use our will to let others be free. Gay and lesbian couples believe in commitment, family, and love.”
Marylanders for Marriage Equality has vowed to continue the campaign until the legislature votes next year on a bill to legalize same-sex marriage. What do you think of Monique joining the campaign?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Wah Gwan?: 9 People of Jamaican Nationality That Surprised Me
- I Am Amber Cole’s Father: Blog Post Raises New Storm
- Dear White Folks: Just Say No to Blackface This Halloween
- 8 Reasons To Date An African Man
- “Thong On Fire” and Other Hilarious Titles of Street Lit Hits
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Light Skin, Long Hair & Losing a Few Pounds
- 7 Signs You Should Be Single