Pics from Beyonce’s ‘Party’ video shoot have been circulating for what feels like forever but the wait is finally over. The super fun trailer park video featuring cameos from Solange and Kelly Rowland has the perfect summer vibe (too bad it’s almost November).
Everyone’s curious about why J Cole appeared in the video with a new verse instead of Andre 3000 who appears on the original track, but when you think about him being her hubby’s artist and Roc Nation managing Bey’s career, it’s probably safe to assume this was a PR move to boost the rapper’s career.
It’s also safe to say Khia, who jumped on the rip-off accusation bandwagon by accusing King B of remaking the video from her one hit wonder “My Neck My Back,” is the one who has in fact been “smoking rocks.” Khia must be high if she thinks Beyonce’s hit won’t be bigger than hers. It probably already is.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Wah Gwan?: 9 People of Jamaican Nationality That Surprised Me
- I Am Amber Cole’s Father: Blog Post Raises New Storm
- Dear White Folks: Just Say No to Blackface This Halloween
- 8 Reasons To Date An African Man
- “Thong On Fire” and Other Hilarious Titles of Street Lit Hits
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Light Skin, Long Hair & Losing a Few Pounds
- 7 Signs You Should Be Single