This movie just got a whole lot more interesting and we won’t see it in theaters until December of next year! The anticipation!
Actress Kerry Washington has just been added to the cast of Quentin Tarantino’s newest flick, Django Unchained, which follows a freed slave attempting to save his wife, Broomhilda, from her slave master with the help of a ruthless bounty hunter. Django, played by Jamie Foxx, will learn the tricks of the trade that is bounty hunting to get his woman back from the uber-cray slave master, played by Leonardo DiCaprio. Washington is set to star as Broomhilda after Tarantino made his big pick on Tuesday evening. While the director was initially looking for a little known actress to be Broomhilda, he obviously was a big fan of Washington. So the two stars of Ray will be meeting up as boos on-screen once again.
Washington is absolutely doing HUGE things in Hollywood right now. She’s on Shonda Rhimes’ new series for ABC, Scandal, is set to star alongside Eddie Murphy in A Thousand Words, and now this! Make that money girl!
Will you check this film out?
More on Madame Noire!
- Wah Gwan?: 9 People of Jamaican Nationality That Surprised Me
- I Am Amber Cole’s Father: Blog Post Raises New Storm
- Dear White Folks: Just Say No to Blackface This Halloween
- 8 Reasons To Date An African Man
- “Thong On Fire” and Other Hilarious Titles of Street Lit Hits
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Light Skin, Long Hair & Losing a Few Pounds
- 7 Signs You Should Be Single