Beyonce & Other Celebs Parodied in #OccupyHollywood Comic
So you know how celebs like Kanye, Russell Simmons, and others have been seen at #OccupyWallStreet to show “solidarity” with the 99% of which they are not a part? Artist Ryan Casey of butyourelikereallypretty.com has turned the tables on them and put together a web comic taking shots at celebs and their ridiculously luxurious lifestyles in his #OccupyHollywood series.
It looks like no one from Beyonce to Kim Kardashian to Lady Gaga or Queen Latifah is safe from being labeled “the asshole%.” Beyonce in particular is knocked for appearing so humble to the public, but then having the gall to build a nursery for her child bigger than most people’s homes. Hmmm. That is a little obnoxious.
Aside from hitting a little below the belt a bit with Chaz Bono, I thoroughly enjoy Casey’s work. These folks may act like they are down with the people, but they are in reality some of the richest people on this earth.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- J Hud & Hubby Split: The Cost of Her Weight Loss?
- Dear White Folks: Just Say No to Blackface This Halloween
- 6 Occasions When It’s Okay To Be Mean To Your Man
- Celebs That Could & Should Quit Their Days Jobs… To Model
- Ethnic Specific: Which White Products are Good for Black Hair?
- 7 Things That Should Never Happen On A First Date
- Guess Who?: Who Did These Babies Become?