Meagan: “No, the next guy I meet is my husband, and I already talked to God about that. I was like, ‘Check this out, Lord, I know what you want for me.’ And He really wants a man that has completely sold out for Christ for me, who can help me improve and be better than I am. So I know exactly what He wants for me and I don’t know if I have already found it. It’s quite possible that I may have, but I am so not in a rush for anything. I am in a rush to focus on Him right now.”
Did she internalize the set-up for “Jumping the Broom” while she was filming? OK Megs…
I’m with Jamie on this one. Meagan Good is not the first actress or singer to try to pull the celibacy card and have to backtrack. See Brandy. See Britney. More power to her if this is the truth, I just never understood why stars feel the need to proclaim what is or isn’t going on in their bedroom.
Do you believe Meagan is saving herself for her next serious man — or truly for her husband? At this point, it’s hard to understand what point an alleged return to virginity serves.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire
- Is Lil’ Kim Too Old to Rap or Are Double Standards Pushing Her Out?
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Prison Dudes and Passive Procrastinators
- Our Apathy: Amber Cole and the Disvaluation of Black Girls
- Men: Please Stop Trying to Solve Our Love Problems
- Jay Electronica’s Defense of Badu: Shouldn’t We Expect All Our Men to Protect Us?
- The Curious Case Of The Two Ambers