Chaka Khan Awarded Custody of Her Granddaughter
TMZ obtained legal documents that prove soul singer, Chaka Khan, was awarded custody of her 10 year old granddaughter. The courts awarded Khan custody after she submitted documents claiming that both of the girl’s parent’s are drug users.
Khan filed for guardianship last week, claiming that she already handles the day to day care of her granddaughter. Khan is the child’s paternal grandmother but she said the mother is also unfit to raise the girl because of her “heavy involvement in drugs”.
The custody she’s been awarded is temporary and the hearing to determine permanent custody is scheduled for October.
Wait! More on Madame Noire!
- 7 Tips On Raising Your Son To Be A Great Man
- Come Back! NBA Eye Candy We Can’t Wait To See Back On The Court
- 7 Reasons Why Marriage is a Joke
- 8 Dating Truths That Women Refuse To Accept
- 7 Things White People Don’t Understand About Black Hair
- Scandalous Songs I Probably Shouldn’t Have Been Singing as a Kid