Stacia Pierce: How To Stay Productive As A Mompreneur
By Stacia Pierce
I was recently featured on Entrepreneur.com sharing my top 4 tips to productivity for busy working moms. As a mompreneur or working mother, you probably understand just how hard it can be to balance between business and the babies. Both can be very time consuming, yet rewarding. Some people say you can’t have it all…to pursue one is to neglect the other. However, I do not agree. You CAN HAVE IT ALL! It will only require you to shift your thinking and push yourself to do more daily for success. It is very possible to run a successful business and raise awesome, well-rounded children. I know because I’ve already done it and teach other mompreneurs to do the same.
The Entrepreneur article was shared almost 800 times, which shows just how important this topic is right now. We’re living during a time where opportunities are plentiful and in order to get all that we want, we as mothers and business owners have to use certain strategies to make it work.
With just a few small adjustments, it’s certainly possible to rock your business while rocking your babies to sleep. Naturally, mothers are use to multitasking and wearing many hats. That’s why it is so important to work with a plan and systems. I am a firm believer of systems. They are necessary to streamline your workflow and help you stay organized and on task. I have systems for everything including grocery shopping to travel packing.
The number one tool that I use to keep myself organized is the Success Journal. Everyday I take time to journal my ideas, thoughts and plans. Just 15-20 minutes of writing can keep your mind clear and your day focused. I actually developed all of my success tools from writing in my journal. I was writing about things that I needed to simplify my life and help me go to a new level. In the Success Journal, I put all of my personal systems that I use to manifest my vision, dreams and goals. I also use my Success Notepad to write lists daily for myself and my team.
Writing is so key to organization and planning. Although I love my iPhone and often use the Notes app on there. I am really just a classic pen and paper kind of gal when it comes to planning.
There are a few apps that I use for business and home that makes my life so much easier. Here are a few:
- Tripit: This app helps me coordinate my trips with my family and my assistant. I can put my whole intinerary in the app and get notification if something changes with my flight, etc. I’ve been using this app for about 5 years and it has been a huge time-saver!
- MileIQ: I’m always out on the town gathering supplies for my events. So I use this app to clock my mileage effortlessly. Just load it to your phone sign up and the app does the rest. Since mileage is a key business expense, this app is great!
- Hopper: With all the traveling that we do, we’re always looking for the best rates. This app forecasts rates and alerts you on the best purchasing time.
- Green Chef: Sometimes meal planning is a chore! With green chef, you get your meals delivered to your door and all you have to do is prepare the healthy delicious ingredients using the instruction card enclosed. My assistant, who’s also a busy mom, uses this service and loves it.
- Shipt: When time is short and the to-do list is long, you’ll need to recruit help. Enter Shipt. This is a grocery shopping service where you shop from your phone and have someone deliver to your door hours later.
- Amazon Prime: This probably is the most important service that I use everyday. I order everything from books, to office supplies, to furniture and so much more. Prime is essential for getting things delivered quickly as well. It’s a must have for a mompreneur.
Not only is it rewarding being a mompreneur but we are also living examples of determination and drive that can be instilled into our children. It brings me so much joy to see my now grown kids pursue their purpose and grow as leaders and entrepreneurs in their own right.
With a contagious energy and an impressive roster of motivational and entrepreneurial successes, LifeCoach2Women.com founder and CEO Stacia Pierce has taken empowerment to an entirely new level by helping others turn obstacles into opportunities.