Samsung Just Revealed The New Galaxy Note 7 And It Just Might Be The Perfect Smartphone
Today Samsung revealed what it calls it’s most sophisticated smartphone ever: The Galaxy Note 7. Combining everything android fans love about the Galaxy S7 with everything Note users love about the Note 4 and 5, it’s easy to see why the brand made that declaration.
Let’s start with the issues most of us regular, every day smartphone users care about: battery life, damage protection, camera, and memory.
• The Galaxy Note 7 and the S Pen that comes with it are completely water and dust resistant. Both can survive being submerged in 5 feet of water for up to 30 minutes.
• Samsung doubled the base memory of the device to 64 GB which allows you to have more than 7,000 songs available at your fingertips. Plus the phone comes with an expandable storage slot allowing up to an additional 256 GB of memory. As one speaker put it during today’s unveiling at Unpacked 2016: “It’s a redonkulous amount of storage”
• The Galaxy Note 7 features the largest capacity battery of any Note ever made and also comes equipped for fast wireless charging. A water resistant portable power pack made specifically for the device will also keep you juiced up throughout the day, and the phone comes with a new asymmetrical charger so you don’t have to reboot in awkward positions. And don’t worry, an adapter will be provided so you can still connect to old chargers.
• The camera you already love on the Galaxy S7 will also be integrated into the Note 7 to ensure some of the best candid shots possible.
• With the Galaxy Note7 S Pen you can jot down information immediately without unlocking the screen. You can even leave a note for yourself that will remain on the phone’s outer homescreen display all day so you don’t forget to pick up your dry cleaning after work or take the car in for an oil change.
• Advanced security by way of a fingerprint scanner and iris scanning technology ensures the information in your phone will remain for your eyes only — literally. Even if you let someone else use your phone, you can keep particularly personal information in an additional secure folder that can only be unlocked with your eye. And a new innovation known as Samsung Pass may make passwords a thing of the past altogether, as you’ll be able to access all of your counts using iris technology. The Korean electronics brand is currently working with financial institutions like Bank of America and Citbank to securely enhance user’s mobile banking experience as well.
And as for the fun stuff:
•If you happen to come across information in a different language, you can simply hover the S pen over a word and it will automatically be translated for you.
•High dynamic range (HDR) technology will allow for true TV quality streaming on the mobile device and Samsung is currently partnering with Amazon to bring HDR content to mobile.
•A new cover created specifically for the Note will keep the phone propped up while you stream so the viewing experience is just like watching movies at home.
•The device comes with 15 GB of free storage on Samsung cloud.
• The Note will be available in three colors: Blue Coral, Silver Titanium and Black Onyx.
The new Galaxy Note 7 will officially be available August 19, with pre-orders beginning tomorrow. For a limited time, consumers who buy the Galaxy Note 7 can also get a free Gear Fit2 or a Samsung 256GB memory card.